How to share directories with virtual group Everyone

I am setting up an ownCloud server for a community organization. Nearly every directory should be shared by all users. Adding a user correctly puts the user in virtual group Everyone.

However, attempting to share a folder/directory with group Everyone produces the message: “No users or groups found for Everyone”

There’s apparently a configuration that I haven’t enabled, but I’m stumped. Any help would be much appreciated.

Operating system:Debian Bullseye 11.5 ARM64
Web server:Apache/2.4.54 (Debian)
Database: mysql Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.5.15-MariaDB
PHP version: 7.4.33
ownCloud version: 10.11.0.6

PS: If the “help” subcategory exists, I can’t find it.

Hi, there is no such a group “Everyone” which contains all users. This is, as you correctly pointed out, just a “virtual” group.

Thanks, Pasquale. I don’t understand the utility of a virtual group if you can’t use it. Why does the virtual group “Everyone” exist?

Does this mean I must create an actual group like “Everybody” and assign users to it as they’re set up?

Hi Bob, this is just a placeholder containing all users currently present in your ownCloud instance (the ones already assigned to some group(s) as well as the ones still not having an assigned group).

Does this mean I must create an actual group like “Everybody” and assign users to it as they’re set up?

Correct, that would be the way to go.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.