HTTP ERROR 500 and PHP Fatal error: Class 'OC_Config' not found in /var/www/html/owncloud/lib/request.php on line 166

Hi, i am using Owncloud 5 but it works fine on my live site and i won't be changing it.

I rsync'ed all the owncloud web directories to my dev. system and i get this error.

What is my problem ? can i not just copy the entire directory structure and hope that it works ?

whoops, i may have the wrong category

Hi,

most likely caused by some incompatible apps.

However please note that no support for such an outdated oC version can be given.

i realsise that but i copied the entire (live and working) directory structure to a near-mirror site and i get this error - any idea what it is trying to tell me ?

You're mostly on your own when insisting on running such an outdated version

i suppose so but DOES even the most recent version handle rsync coping as a way of setting up a mirror site ?

rsync is the suggested method for backups and restores according to https://doc.owncloud.org/server/9.1/admin_manual/maintenance/backup.html

well, it's got me beat - the directories are identical yet one works and the other doesn't. same OS etc. Thanks anyway.

Fixed by doing this (CentOS 6.7)

1. cd /var/www/html
  2. rm -rf owncloud
  3. rsync -zpaAXPv root@mysite:/var/www/html/owncloud/ /var/www/html/owncloud/
  4. adjust /var/www/html/owncloud/config/config.php

works like a dream now, i just needed to totally refresh the files from the live site and make a hostname change in the config.