I can't select users to share files

I updated my owncloud to the current version 10.7 and when I try to share a folder or a file I cannot select any user.

Ubuntu server 20.04
Owncloud 10.7
Mysql 8.0
PHP 7.4.3

I have tried writing the full name of the user, the id, the email and with none of them I have managed to make owncloud look for it to be able to select it.

Previously if I could write a part of the user and the search engine would show me the suggestions, example: before I wrote “ja” and the search engine found 2 user matches: jairo and jaime. Now I type “ha” and no match appears and the users are still active, they have not been deleted.

I’ve been looking at forums, but I can’t find that someone has happened to him.

I appreciate all the help you can give me.

Hi Freddy,

which browser are you using? Can you try Chrome if you are using other browsers?

1 Like

Hi dmitry,
I am testing with Google Chrome Version 90.0.4430.93 (Official Build) (64 bits) and I also tried with Mozilla Firefox 89.0 (64 bits) in both the same thing happens to me.

OS Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS

You need to check the admin sharing settings, there are a multitude of settings which could affect the sharing behavior so that you can’t find any (or certain) users.
Have a look at the screenshot below for a few that are obvious to me (I don’t think this list is conclusive):

1 Like

Thank you eneubauer for the comment.

I verified and all permissions that are evidenced in the image that you attach are the same that I have configured on the server

If someone else has this problem please tell us what the solution is, thank you

Does the debug console shows anything, eg the requests generated by your keystrokes?
Something like:

XHR GET https://*******/ocs/v1.php/apps/files_sharing/api/v1/sharees?format=json&search=te&perPage=200&itemType=file
[HTTP/2 200 OK 300ms]
1 Like

This is what is displayed on the console when you press the keys:

“GET /*******/ocs/v2.php/apps/notifications/api/v1/notifications?format=json HTTP/1.1” 200 872 “-” “Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/90.0.4430.93 Safari/537.36”

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

You have to find out, why you dont see the GET requests I mentioned above. Maybe there is some script-blocking active?

1 Like

Hi alfredb, I don’t have much knowledge on the subject, but I can see a lock in the owncloud configuration menu (my owncloud is in Spanish)

What lock? Do you mean the warning beneath “Avisos de seguridad…”? This is not related to your issue.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation, but what should I do so that the information you request is displayed on the console

Avoid any script blocking. I would create a fresh profile in the browser, without any plugins/addons. Then test the sharing with this profile. You cal delete that profile later, when you know what the issue was.

1 Like

The tests I have done so far are:

• Create a new group
  • Create a new user and include him in this new group
  • From the administrator user I try to share a folder that is already shared with other groups and I cannot because when writing the group name in the text box, no suggestions appear.
  • From the administrator user I try to share a folder that is already shared with other users and I cannot because when writing the user’s name in the text box, suggestions do not appear.

Before updating the folder sharing function, it allowed sharing with users or groups, but now when typing the user or group in the text box, it does not show suggestions and it is not possible to select any user.

I would focus on why the required JavaScript is not running in your browser. Without that, you won’t get any proposal for users or groups

1 Like

but I run it in another browser and the result is the same. It is possible that the javascript has been disabled in the update? Is there a way to verify this on the owncloud server?

I’m somewhat clueless for now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.