Install and activate additional PHP modules

Please help us by providing the following info. Before posting please also check the pinned "Known issues" threads and make sure that you're running the latest available version for your oC release: https://owncloud.org/changelog/

Steps to reproduce
1. Downloaded tar.bz2 file
2. Extracted via Putty in designated folder
3. Create Admin Account page in owncloud

Expected behaviour
I want to install my Owncloud using a mysql database instead off sqlite. For this I have to install and activate additional PHP modules. I have no clue how to do this.

Actual behaviour
Tell us what happens instead

Server configuration
Operating system: NAS4Free 10.01.0.2 FreeBSD 10..1 release-p14
Web server:?
Database:?
PHP version:?
ownCloud version (see ownCloud admin page): 9.1.4
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install:fresh install
Special configuration (external storage, external authentication, reverse proxy, server-side-encryption):

ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log)

Please paste possible errors in the following code block, see https://central.owncloud.org/t/how-to-find-webserver-or-oc-logfile-enable-php-logfile/808 for more info

Integrity status for oC9+

Login as admin user into your ownCloud and access
http://example.com/index.php/settings/integrity/failed
paste the results here.

me neither - try search for NAS4free and php .....

Thanks for the quick reply. I will give it a try later today. Keep you posted.

I have tried to install mysql56 and php56. Unfortunately without success. I could not connect mysql56 with lightpath which is the native webserver on Nas4free. So I finished my owncloud install using sqlite3. I will try to convert from sqlite3 to mysql later. Another challenge I guess.

Hi,

its higly discouraged to run ownCloud on anything else then:

• apache2 + mod_php (fully support by automatic tests and the company behind ownCloud)
  • nginx + php-fpm (Community support, few developers are using it).

An additionally side note:

If you have sucessfully installed oC on sqlite3 then the sqlite3 php module was installed. So try to see how that got installed and do the same for the mysql php driver / module.

It makes really no sense to do a fresh install with sqlite and then migrate later. sqlite3 should be only used for testing purposes.

Thank you for your feedback. I will try to implement your recommendations. Keep you posted.

I have installed apache24, mysql, php56 and mod_php according to instructions found on the www. Then I installed owncloud 9.5 but still I did not get the option of installing mysql database. After finalising the oC install I ended up with a number of error messages. Also sql3 was installed instead of mysql.

For me it is quite a challenge to make a proper oC working. Infomation is available but I have not find one guide which takes me through the whole process from start till end.

There can't be a guide which guides you through the whole process as this heavily depends on your chosen linux/unix distro. And the ease of the PHP deployment also depends on this choice, especially when using such a exotic distro like NAS4Free which are not that widely spread.

As an example the issue you're currently facing is solved on Debian/Ubuntu with a single:

apt-get install php5-mysqlnd

and your PHP environment is ready to use ownCloud with MySQL.

It's based on FreeBSD which itself is wide spread. I'd try some FreeBSD guides:

or with nginx:

Thank you for your reply and suggestions for information from digitalocean and linoxide. I have used the information in the manual from digital ocean. Without success unfortunately. I will now try the instructions from linoxide.

Keep you posted.

Marcel