Installing version of PHP 7.4 on Linux Mint 21

Steps to reproduce

1. I installed all prerequisites
  2. Done the necessary config
  3. When started from the web browser, it quits telling that the PHP version should be 7.4

So the issue is that I did not find a way to install PHP 7.4 on Mint 21. Most suggestions tell to add ppa ondrej php which is rejected by apt either for not having a release file or for having the wrong LSB. My question is does anyone have a working way to install PHP 7.4 on Mint21 or should I forget about it

Server configuration

Operating system:
Linux Mint 21 (vera)

Web server:

Database:
MariaDb 10.6.12

PHP version:
PHP 8.1.2 (That’s the issue! should be PHP 7.4 but I did not find a way to install this version

ownCloud version: (see ownCloud admin page)

Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install:
Fresh

Where did you install ownCloud from:
ownclud

This topic appears to have been discussed in the Linux Mint forums, which is likely to be a far better source of information for solving your OS specific problem. That said, maybe someone else here will have an answer.

1 Like

I think you can do this:
apt remove php8*
apt install -y php7.4

@LinkP - I put the question there too!
@darko - Sadly, if it was so easy, I would not seek help about it, since this was the first (and most logical thing to try). The apt just returned: php7.4 has no installation candidate.
Anyway, I am not very interested in a solution to this issue anymore, as after spending a bunch of fruitless hours trying to solve it, I went the NextCloud way. Took me about two hours and I encountered zero issues!
However, if there is a solution to be found it may help someone who encounters the same issue …

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.