Instant upload is not working

android
help

the instantupload is not working. neither on the local storage or on the sd-card.
no upload failed or error messages, it just happens nothing.
everything else works fine.

Steps to reproduce
1. Take a photo

Expected behaviour
InstantUpload

Actual behaviour
Nothing

Mobile client configuration
Client OS (iOS, Android, ...): Sony Xperia ZX, Android 7.0
Client version: 2.3.0

Server configuration
Operating system: Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS‬
Web server: nginx
Database: mysql
PHP version: 5.5.9
ownCloud version (see ownCloud admin page): 9.1.4
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: updated

I am seeing this too. Android app v2.3.0 on Samsung S7 with Android 7.0. Tried unsintalling and reinstalling the app but still nothing. If I take a photo using the stock camera app nothing is uploaded to my ownCloud (connection is working fine and I can download files to my phone).

The app has installed itself with /storage/emulated/0/DCIM/Camera as the Camera Folder setting.

This used to work great (for over a year) but I am not sure if the problem started after the upgrade to Android 7.0 or an upgrade to the ownCloud app itself.

Any ideas?

See the existing issue reported to the android app developers at the bugtracker:

thanks @kljhlkhglklfgh

I upgraded my owncloud server from 9.0.4 to 9.1.4 last Saturday night.
Since then I am not able to do an instant upload of the picture from my smartphone.

nexus 6p running android 7.1.1 owcloud client 2.3.0

See the already linked issue above. instant upload is not working at all on Android 7 so its unrelated to the server upgrade.

But it worked before the server upgrade even on android 7.1.1

Ok, then please create a new thread in the correct category https://central.owncloud.org/c/help/oc-server and make sure that you're filling out the template shown there asking you mandatory info about your environment which are needed to help here.