"Insufficient Storage" in shared folder for other user

Me and my wife have owncloud 9.1.0 running on a headless server with a 32GB hard drive. It is a fully updated Ubuntu 16.04 server.
She has no files of her own in her account's root folder. I have 2.2GB in my ownCloud account. Of that, 1.3GB is in a folder I share to her account. Our quotas are set at 10GB per account.
The problem is when she adds a file to our shared folder it tells her insufficient storage. When I add a file, all goes well.
Setting her quota to 'unlimited' did NOT fix the problem. But setting my quota to 'unlimited' DID fix the problem.
Neither of our root folders have any issues with the quotas at 10GB. But somehow it thinks she is going beyond her quota if she adds to my shared folder.

from the template shown when creating a new issue:

Before posting please also check the pinned "Known issues" threads and make sure that you're running the latest available version for your oC release: https://owncloud.org/changelog/

The issue here is already fixed in the current 9.1.1

I did a fresh ownCloud install that morning and that's what I was given. I see you gave yourself "solution" credit. I don't agree with that so I removed it.

When will 9.1.1 become 'stable'? And has it been tested? It appears this issue goes back to 2013 where it was also claimed to be solved in a yet-to-be-released version.

9.1.1 is already "stable" and provided via manual installation as well as via the package repositories since its release three weeks ago:

This issue you're mentioning is there since 9.1.0, everything else is a completely different issue here...

Alright, thanks. I marked that as the solution.
It's unfortunate setup-owncloud.php considers 9.1.0 the latest, as does the admin screen that says I have the latest version.

Hi,

ahhh this was the missing info here. Have informed the people able to fix this:

Sorry, forgot to mention. As the fix of the owncloud-latest.zip won't help you with that issue you can easily update manually to 9.1.1:

1. Remove all files and folders except /data/ and /config/ from the oC install dir
  2. Download https://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-9.1.1.tar.bz2
  3. Extract archive to your oC install dir
  4. Run occ upgrade from command line (alternatively open your oC instance via web-browser)