"Internal server error" after update

Any help is appreciated! I will be glad to provide you with the necessary files/data, just ask.
Thank you for your efforts in advance, Ian!

Please help us by providing the following info. Before posting please also check the pinned "Known issues" thread and make sure that you're running the latest available version for oC 9.1: https://owncloud.org/changelog/#latest9.1

Steps to reproduce
1. Acess the login page of my Owncloud installation

Expected behaviour
The login page appears, allowing me to log into my installation.

Actual behaviour
A page shows up instead, telling me that there was some sort of internal error:

Internal Server Error
	The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
	Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
	More details can be found in the server log.
Technical details
Remote Address: 109.201.143.246Request ID: 70/USWmutQDBexfj6pmX

It gives me a different request ID every time I retry to access the page. I cannot get onto the HTTP page. What works, however, are Webdav, Caldav as well as the FTP and SSH functions on the server.

Server configuration
Operating system: Ubuntu Linux 14.04.2
Web server: Apache 2.4.7-1ubuntu4
Database: MySQL version 5.5.50
PHP version: 5.5.9
ownCloud version (see ownCloud admin page): 9.1.0.15, with occ status
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: Updated
ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log, see https://central.owncloud.org/t/how-to-find-webserver-or-oc-logfile-enable-php-logfile/808):

These are just the last few lines of the log file. I thought it was too long, but if you need more lines just tell me...

{"reqId":"7VwsXi0HYucUSX7zCirK","remoteAddr":"","app":"files","message":"Exception: {\"Exception\":\"BadMethodCallException\",\"Message\":\"Not in batch\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/lib\\/private\\/Files\\/Utils\\/Scanner.php(143): OC\\Files\\Cache\\Propagator->commitBatch()\n#1 \\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/apps\\/files\\/lib\\/BackgroundJob\\/ScanFiles.php(87): OC\\Files\\Utils\\Scanner->backgroundScan('')\n#2 \\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/apps\\/files\\/lib\\/BackgroundJob\\/ScanFiles.php(111): OCA\\Files\\BackgroundJob\\ScanFiles->runScanner(Object(OC\\User\\User))\n#3 \\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/lib\\/private\\/BackgroundJob\\/Job.php(52): OCA\\Files\\BackgroundJob\\ScanFiles->run(NULL)\n#4 \\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/lib\\/private\\/BackgroundJob\\/TimedJob.php(53): OC\\BackgroundJob\\Job->execute(Object(OC\\BackgroundJob\\JobList), Object(OC\\Log))\n#5 \\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/cron.php(122): OC\\BackgroundJob\\TimedJob->execute(Object(OC\\BackgroundJob\\JobList), Object(OC\\Log))\n#6 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/lib\\/private\\/Files\\/Cache\\/Propagator.php\",\"Line\":145}","level":3,"time":"2016-07-29T11:15:02+00:00","method":"--","url":"--","user":"--"}
{"reqId":"KbgObGQMjfrnAZEFLvmA","remoteAddr":"109.201.143.246","app":"index","message":"Exception: {\"Exception\":\"Exception\",\"Message\":\"The requested uri(\\/login) cannot be processed by the script '\\/owncloud\\/index.php')\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/lib\\/base.php(838): OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Request->getRawPathInfo()\n#1 \\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/index.php(39): OC::handleRequest()\n#2 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/lib\\/private\\/AppFramework\\/Http\\/Request.php\",\"Line\":631}","level":3,"time":"2016-07-29T11:27:47+00:00","method":"GET","url":"\/login","user":"--"}
{"reqId":"hU9\/wjA+msUBr1LRicTY","remoteAddr":"109.201.143.246","app":"index","message":"Exception: {\"Exception\":\"Exception\",\"Message\":\"The requested uri(\\/login) cannot be processed by the script '\\/owncloud\\/index.php')\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/lib\\/base.php(838): OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Request->getRawPathInfo()\n#1 \\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/index.php(39): OC::handleRequest()\n#2 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/lib\\/private\\/AppFramework\\/Http\\/Request.php\",\"Line\":631}","level":3,"time":"2016-07-29T11:27:53+00:00","method":"GET","url":"\/login","user":"--"}
{"reqId":"fZMMoG1dWo7DNP1ZDOcB","remoteAddr":"","app":"core","message":"File with id \"24\" has not been found.","level":3,"time":"2016-07-29T11:30:02+00:00","method":"--","url":"--","user":"--"}
{"reqId":"fZMMoG1dWo7DNP1ZDOcB","remoteAddr":"","app":"files","message":"Exception: {\"Exception\":\"BadMethodCallException\",\"Message\":\"Not in batch\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/lib\\/private\\/Files\\/Utils\\/Scanner.php(143): OC\\Files\\Cache\\Propagator->commitBatch()\n#1 \\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/apps\\/files\\/lib\\/BackgroundJob\\/ScanFiles.php(87): OC\\Files\\Utils\\Scanner->backgroundScan('')\n#2 \\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/apps\\/files\\/lib\\/BackgroundJob\\/ScanFiles.php(111): OCA\\Files\\BackgroundJob\\ScanFiles->runScanner(Object(OC\\User\\User))\n#3 \\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/lib\\/private\\/BackgroundJob\\/Job.php(52): OCA\\Files\\BackgroundJob\\ScanFiles->run(NULL)\n#4 \\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/lib\\/private\\/BackgroundJob\\/TimedJob.php(53): OC\\BackgroundJob\\Job->execute(Object(OC\\BackgroundJob\\JobList), Object(OC\\Log))\n#5 \\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/cron.php(122): OC\\BackgroundJob\\TimedJob->execute(Object(OC\\BackgroundJob\\JobList), Object(OC\\Log))\n#6 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/lib\\/private\\/Files\\/Cache\\/Propagator.php\",\"Line\":145}","level":3,"time":"2016-07-29T11:30:02+00:00","method":"--","url":"--","user":"--"}
{"reqId":"fZMMoG1dWo7DNP1ZDOcB","remoteAddr":"","app":"files","message":"Exception: {\"Exception\":\"BadMethodCallException\",\"Message\":\"Not in batch\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/lib\\/private\\/Files\\/Utils\\/Scanner.php(143): OC\\Files\\Cache\\Propagator->commitBatch()\n#1 \\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/apps\\/files\\/lib\\/BackgroundJob\\/ScanFiles.php(87): OC\\Files\\Utils\\Scanner->backgroundScan('')\n#2 \\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/apps\\/files\\/lib\\/BackgroundJob\\/ScanFiles.php(111): OCA\\Files\\BackgroundJob\\ScanFiles->runScanner(Object(OC\\User\\User))\n#3 \\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/lib\\/private\\/BackgroundJob\\/Job.php(52): OCA\\Files\\BackgroundJob\\ScanFiles->run(NULL)\n#4 \\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/lib\\/private\\/BackgroundJob\\/TimedJob.php(53): OC\\BackgroundJob\\Job->execute(Object(OC\\BackgroundJob\\JobList), Object(OC\\Log))\n#5 \\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/cron.php(122): OC\\BackgroundJob\\TimedJob->execute(Object(OC\\BackgroundJob\\JobList), Object(OC\\Log))\n#6 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/lib\\/private\\/Files\\/Cache\\/Propagator.php\",\"Line\":145}","level":3,"time":"2016-07-29T11:30:02+00:00","method":"--","url":"--","user":"--"}
{"reqId":"msoTmf8rJGqdKAxn+t4u","remoteAddr":"109.201.143.246","app":"index","message":"Exception: {\"Exception\":\"Exception\",\"Message\":\"The requested uri(\\/login) cannot be processed by the script '\\/owncloud\\/index.php')\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/lib\\/base.php(838): OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Request->getRawPathInfo()\n#1 \\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/index.php(39): OC::handleRequest()\n#2 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/lib\\/private\\/AppFramework\\/Http\\/Request.php\",\"Line\":631}","level":3,"time":"2016-07-29T11:37:52+00:00","method":"GET","url":"\/login","user":"--"}
{"reqId":"fa3hOnl0bXI4dpyG9vYD","remoteAddr":"109.201.143.246","app":"index","message":"Exception: {\"Exception\":\"Exception\",\"Message\":\"The requested uri(\\/login) cannot be processed by the script '\\/owncloud\\/index.php')\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/lib\\/base.php(838): OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Request->getRawPathInfo()\n#1 \\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/index.php(39): OC::handleRequest()\n#2 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/lib\\/private\\/AppFramework\\/Http\\/Request.php\",\"Line\":631}","level":3,"time":"2016-07-29T11:41:09+00:00","method":"GET","url":"\/login","user":"--"}
{"reqId":"70\/USWmutQDBexfj6pmX","remoteAddr":"109.201.143.246","app":"index","message":"Exception: {\"Exception\":\"Exception\",\"Message\":\"The requested uri(\\/login) cannot be processed by the script '\\/owncloud\\/index.php')\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/lib\\/base.php(838): OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Request->getRawPathInfo()\n#1 \\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/index.php(39): OC::handleRequest()\n#2 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/lib\\/private\\/AppFramework\\/Http\\/Request.php\",\"Line\":631}","level":3,"time":"2016-07-29T11:46:15+00:00","method":"GET","url":"\/login","user":"--"}
{"reqId":"uq5t\/BwQsl4CdSC17zia","remoteAddr":"109.201.143.246","app":"index","message":"Exception: {\"Exception\":\"Exception\",\"Message\":\"The requested uri(\\/login) cannot be processed by the script '\\/owncloud\\/index.php')\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/lib\\/base.php(838): OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Request->getRawPathInfo()\n#1 \\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/index.php(39): OC::handleRequest()\n#2 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\/var\\/www\\/owncloud\\/lib\\/private\\/AppFramework\\/Http\\/Request.php\",\"Line\":631}","level":3,"time":"2016-07-29T11:58:56+00:00","method":"GET","url":"\/login","user":"--"}
{"reqId":"KUTQjcJkjWcJt7jPgM+2","remoteAddr":"","app":"core","message":"File with id \"24\" has not been found.","level":3,"time":"2016-07-29T12:00:03+00:00","method":"--","url":"--","user":"--"}

Special configuration (external storage, external authentication, reverse proxy, server-side-encryption): An external hard disk that I mounted in Linux is linked.

Integrity status for oC9+

Login as admin user into your ownCloud and access
http://example.com/index.php/settings/integrity/failed
paste the results here.

Since I cannot log into my owncloud, there are no results, except for the internal server error text.

There is a FAQ thread explaining this logentry available here: https://central.owncloud.org/t/the-requested-uri-login-cannot-be-processed-by-the-script-owncloud-index-php/993/2. From what i can see this is very likely the issue of that internal server error.

Mate, that was it! I had previously visitied the mentioned FAQ article, but applied it wrong...

Here's what I did: In my config.php I set the overwrite.cli.url' => to https://localhost/owncloud and the htaccess.RewriteBase' => to /owncloud

Now I changed the second one to a single dash sign: /, like in 'htaccess.RewriteBase' => '/'

I able to access the login page again and then to enter my Owncloud.

Thank you very, very much! I didn't expect such a quick answer. And such an easy one as well :smile:

Sorry for jumping onto this thread, but I'm getting the exact same error message, but without any real symptoms!

I can login and no apparent issues using oC, but I am getting this message every 15 minutes when my Cron job runs. cli rewrite and htaccess set correctly in the config.php, but would be nice to get rid of the error message so I might notice anything else more important.

Update - not to worry, just noticed another thread where this is a known issue #25509 and hopefully resolved in 9.1.1