Actual behaviour

Failure.

Server configuration

x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu

Web server:

Database:
MySql

PHP version:
ownCloud version: (see ownCloud admin page)

Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install:
fresh install

Where did you install ownCloud from:
zip-file

Signing status (ownCloud 9.0 and above):

I can't login.

ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log)

{"reqId":"YfMbfmXlD-QHAzpd9Yu4fAAAAD0","level":3,"time":"2022-01-27T22:23:58+00:00","remoteAddr":"92.117.xxx.xxx","user":"--","app":"PHP","method":"POST","url":"\/index.php","message":"Undefined index: dbconnectionstring at \/var\/www\/vhosts\/mydomain.com\/html\/oC\/lib\/private\/Setup\/AbstractDatabase.php#82"}
{"reqId":"YfMbfmXlD-QHAzpd9Yu4fAAAAD0","level":3,"time":"2022-01-27T22:23:58+00:00","remoteAddr":"92.117.xxx.xxx","user":"--","app":"PHP","method":"POST","url":"\/index.php","message":"include(\/var\/www\/vhosts\/mydomain.com\/html\/oC\/lib\/composer\/composer\/..\/..\/..\/lib\/public\/Files\/External\/Config\/IBackendProvider.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory at \/var\/www\/vhosts\/mydomain.com\/html\/oC\/lib\/composer\/composer\/ClassLoader.php#444"}
{"reqId":"YfMbfmXlD-QHAzpd9Yu4fAAAAD0","level":3,"time":"2022-01-27T22:23:58+00:00","remoteAddr":"92.117.xxx.xxx","user":"--","app":"PHP","method":"POST","url":"\/index.php","message":"include(): Failed opening '\/var\/www\/vhosts\/mydomain.com\/html\/oC\/lib\/composer\/composer\/..\/..\/..\/lib\/public\/Files\/External\/Config\/IBackendProvider.php' for inclusion (include_path='\/var\/www\/vhosts\/mydomain.com\/html\/oC\/apps') at \/var\/www\/vhosts\/mydomain.com\/html\/oC\/lib\/composer\/composer\/ClassLoader.php#444"}
{"reqId":"YfMbfmXlD-QHAzpd9Yu4fAAAAD0","level":3,"time":"2022-01-27T22:23:58+00:00","remoteAddr":"92.117.xxx.xxx","user":"--","app":"index","method":"POST","url":"\/index.php","message":"Exception: {\"Exception\":\"Error\",\"Message\":\"Interface 'OCP\\\\Files\\\\External\\\\Config\\\\IBackendProvider' not found\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/vhosts\\\/mydomain.com\\\/html\\\/oC\\\/lib\\\/composer\\\/composer\\\/ClassLoader.php(444): include()\\n#1 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/vhosts\\\/mydomain.com\\\/html\\\/oC\\\/lib\\\/composer\\\/composer\\\/ClassLoader.php(322): Composer\\\\Autoload\\\\includeFile('\\\/var\\\/www\\\/vhosts...')\\n#2 [internal function]: Composer\\\\Autoload\\\\ClassLoader->loadClass('OCA\\\\\\\\Files_Exter...')\\n#3 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/vhosts\\\/mydomain.com\\\/html\\\/oC\\\/apps\\\/files_external\\\/appinfo\\\/app.php(32): spl_autoload_call('OCA\\\\\\\\Files_Exter...')\\n#4 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/vhosts\\\/mydomain.com\\\/html\\\/oC\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/legacy\\\/app.php(253): require_once('\\\/var\\\/www\\\/vhosts...')\\n#5 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/vhosts\\\/mydomain.com\\\/html\\\/oC\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/legacy\\\/app.php(192): OC_App::requireAppFile('files_external')\\n#6 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/vhosts\\\/mydomain.com\\\/html\\\/oC\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/DB\\\/MigrationService.php(104): OC_App::loadApp('files_external', false)\\n#7 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/vhosts\\\/mydomain.com\\\/html\\\/oC\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Installer.php(529): OC\\\\DB\\\\MigrationService->__construct('files_external', Object(OC\\\\DB\\\\Connection))\\n#8 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/vhosts\\\/mydomain.com\\\/html\\\/oC\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Installer.php(503): OC\\\\Installer::installShippedApp('files_external')\\n#9 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/vhosts\\\/mydomain.com\\\/html\\\/oC\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Setup.php(389): OC\\\\Installer::installShippedApps()\\n#10 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/vhosts\\\/mydomain.com\\\/html\\\/oC\\\/core\\\/Controller\\\/SetupController.php(64): OC\\\\Setup->install(Array)\\n#11 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/vhosts\\\/mydomain.com\\\/html\\\/oC\\\/lib\\\/base.php(864): OC\\\\Core\\\\Controller\\\\SetupController->run(Array)\\n#12 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/vhosts\\\/mydomain.com\\\/html\\\/oC\\\/index.php(54): OC::handleRequest()\\n#13 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\\/var\\\/www\\\/vhosts\\\/mydomain.com\\\/html\\\/oC\\\/apps\\\/files_external\\\/lib\\\/AppInfo\\\/Application.php\",\"Line\":41}"}

I had a look into the mysql-database. Tables got created, and user was written to database.

My best guess: Access rights for the relevant folders are not correctly set.

It’s either a corrupted zip file or maybe you don’t have enough free space and the zip couldn’t decompress all the files and some of them are missing.

I’d wipe out the whole installation (including the DB), redownload the zip file from an official source (Download Server Packages - ownCloud) and retry.

Do you mean the data folder? I set the permissions to 777 including subfolders.
Or do I have to set permissions for other folders as well? If so which do I need to take care of?

I downloaded it from your linked source, extracted it at my local computer and uploaded it using ftp.
I verified the zip file and the md5-hashes match.

Free space can’t be the issue - there are like 40gb left.

I tried it with a slightly different approach - unzipping at the server using bash and now it worked. So there seemed to be an issue with the upload.

Thanks!

I was referring to the Post-Installation Steps.

Maybe omitting hidden files?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.