Internal Server Error when new user login. Owncloud 10.0.2

Any help is appreciated! I will be glad to provide you with the necessary files/data, just ask.
Thank you for your support!

Steps to reproduce

1. Acess the login page of my Owncloud installation with new user

Expected behaviour

Login normally with any user

Actual behaviour

logging in with admin user is successful. Logging in with a new user causes the error:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. 
Please contact the server administrator if this error appears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report. 
More details can be found in the server log. 
Technical details
Remote Address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Request ID: WURCbZTBSQpTQgn-jTEp2AAAAA0

Server configuration

Operating system: linux (I'm not sure the distro & version, 'cause it's a shared hosting server)

Web server: Apache 2.4.25

Database: Mysql 10.1.24-MariaDB

PHP version: 5.6.30

ownCloud version: ownCloud 10.0.2 (stable)

Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: fresh install

Where did you install ownCloud from: hosting shared server

Signing status (ownCloud 9.0 and above):

No errors have been found.

Content of config.php:

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'instanceid' => 'ocys2a21027m',
  'passwordsalt' => 'here_the_generate_passwordsalt',
  'secret' => 'here_secret_key',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => 'www.mysite.com',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/home/deskcomp/public_html/owncloud/data',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://www.mysite.com/owncloud',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '10.0.2.1',
  'dbname' => 'mydb',
  'dbhost' => 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'dbuser' => 'myuser',
  'dbpassword' => 'mypassword',
  'logtimezone' => 'UTC',
  'installed' => true,

'filelocking.enabled' => true,
'memcache.locking' => '\OC\Memcache\Redis',
'redis' => array(
     'host' => 'localhost',
     'port' => 6379,
     'timeout' => 0.0,
     'password' => '', // Optional, if not defined no password will be used.
      ),

'memcache.local' => '\OC\Memcache\APCu'

);

Logs

ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log)

{"reqId":"WURCbZTBSQpTQgn-jTEp2AAAAA0","level":3,"time":"2017-06-16T20:41:18+00:00","remoteAddr":"190.152.130.133","user":"luis","app":"index","method":"GET","url":"\/owncloud\/index.php\/apps\/files\/","message":"Exception: {\"Exception\":\"OCP\\\\Files\\\\NotFoundException\",\"Message\":\"\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\\/home\\\/deskcomp\\\/public_html\\\/owncloud\\\/apps\\\/files\\\/lib\\\/Controller\\\/ViewController.php(132): OC_Helper::getStorageInfo('\\\/', false)\\n#1 \\\/home\\\/deskcomp\\\/public_html\\\/owncloud\\\/apps\\\/files\\\/lib\\\/Controller\\\/ViewController.php(203): OCA\\\\Files\\\\Controller\\\\ViewController->getStorageInfo()\\n#2 [internal function]: OCA\\\\Files\\\\Controller\\\\ViewController->index('', '', NULL)\\n#3 \\\/home\\\/deskcomp\\\/public_html\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/AppFramework\\\/Http\\\/Dispatcher.php(159): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\\n#4 \\\/home\\\/deskcomp\\\/public_html\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/AppFramework\\\/Http\\\/Dispatcher.php(89): OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\Http\\\\Dispatcher->executeController(Object(OCA\\\\Files\\\\Controller\\\\ViewController), 'index')\\n#5 \\\/home\\\/deskcomp\\\/public_html\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/AppFramework\\\/App.php(98): OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\Http\\\\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(OCA\\\\Files\\\\Controller\\\\ViewController), 'index')\\n#6 \\\/home\\\/deskcomp\\\/public_html\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/AppFramework\\\/Routing\\\/RouteActionHandler.php(46): OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\App::main('ViewController', 'index', Object(OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\DependencyInjection\\\\DIContainer), Array)\\n#7 [internal function]: OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\Routing\\\\RouteActionHandler->__invoke(Array)\\n#8 \\\/home\\\/deskcomp\\\/public_html\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Route\\\/Router.php(299): call_user_func(Object(OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\Routing\\\\RouteActionHandler), Array)\\n#9 \\\/home\\\/deskcomp\\\/public_html\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/base.php(918): OC\\\\Route\\\\Router->match('\\\/apps\\\/files\\\/')\\n#10 \\\/home\\\/deskcomp\\\/public_html\\\/owncloud\\\/index.php(49): OC::handleRequest()\\n#11 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\\/home\\\/deskcomp\\\/public_html\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/legacy\\\/helper.php\",\"Line\":570}"}

Line 570 of helper.php:

569  if (!$rootInfo instanceof \OCP\Files\FileInfo) {
570  throw new \OCP\Files\NotFoundException();
571  }

Check your data directory is correct; the error refers to a path in the following location:

The datadirectory in config.php:

(When I posted this, I changed something, to protect my personal information)

I solved the issue! :slight_smile:. The configuration file was wrong. The memcache configuration was duplicated: the first one using redis and the second one using APCu. Since I installed owncloud on a shared hosting server, I set only the APCu configuration (hosting servers don't support redis service). I contribute this information for your reference.

Hi M4RC05

I get internal server error problems on my clients when syncing. I’m also on a shared host.

This is from my config file.
‘loglevel’ => 3,
‘memcache.local’ => ‘\OC\Memcache\APCu’,
‘memcache.locking’ => ‘\OC\Memcache\Redis’,
‘cache_path’ => ‘’,
‘cache_chunk_gc_ttl’ => 86400,
‘dav.chunk_base_dir’ => ‘’,
);

Should I remove Redis?