Invalid license key notifications

Steps to reproduce

1.Install ownCloud X Enterprise Theme without enterprise license from Market
2.Notice the notifications about the enterprise requirements for the theme, and enter a space, or wrong license key to the modal that’s popping up at every refresh. ( I’ve clicked on save by accident)
3.Uninstall the theme, using the Market
4.Recieve constant notifications about the invalid license key

Expected behaviour

First of all, I should not be able to install any apps that require enterprise license.
Ability to remove wrong license keys, and stay with the Community edition.

Actual behaviour

Continous notifications about the invalid license key.

Server configuration

Operating system:Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS

Web server: Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu)

Database: mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.32, for Linux (x86_64) using EditLine wrapper

PHP version: PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.7

ownCloud version: 10.6.0.5

Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: Updated from previous version using the updater

Signing status (ownCloud 9.0 and above):

Login as admin user into your ownCloud and access 
http://example.com/index.php/settings/integrity/failed 
No errors have been found.

List of activated apps:

Enabled:
  - announcementcenter: 1.2.1
  - audioplayer: 2.8.4
  - brute_force_protection: 1.1.0
  - comments: 0.3.0
  - configreport: 0.2.0
  - contacts: 1.5.5
  - dav: 0.6.0
  - federatedfilesharing: 0.5.0
  - federation: 0.1.0
  - files: 1.5.2
  - files_external: 0.7.1
  - files_mediaviewer: 1.0.3
  - files_pdfviewer: 0.11.2
  - files_sharing: 0.14.0
  - files_texteditor: 2.3.0
  - files_trashbin: 0.9.1
  - files_versions: 1.3.0
  - files_videoplayer: 0.10.1
  - firstrunwizard: 1.2.0
  - gallery: 16.1.1
  - market: 0.6.0
  - notifications: 0.5.2
  - provisioning_api: 0.5.0
  - systemtags: 0.3.0
  - updatenotification: 0.2.1

Are you using encryption: no

Solved

In the meantime I’ve got it solved by taking a look at the code, and found out if I can set the enterprise key back to NULL in the database it’ll be fine.

First disabled the app enterprise_key

sudo -u www-data php occ app:disable enterprise_key

use owncloud;
show tables;

Checked what’s in oc_appconfig table

select * from oc_appconfig;

and found rows like:

+------------------------+---------------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+
| appid                  | configkey                             | configvalue                             |
+------------------------+---------------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+
| enterprise_key         | enabled                               | no                                      |
| enterprise_key         | installed_version                     | 0.3.0                                   |
| enterprise_key         | license-key                           | mykeyatthetimebeing                     |
| enterprise_key         | signed                                | true                                    |
| enterprise_key         | types                                 | filesystem                              |

so I’ve just set the ‘configvalue’ to NULL with:

UPDATE oc_appconfig SET configvalue = NULL WHERE configvalue = 'mykeyatthetimebeing';

Thought I’d share this, because I did not find anything for this problem, hope it helps for someone.

I would recommend to remove the entry with the license key from the database completely.
I think @Aki has the SQL command for that somewhere.

1 Like

Hi,

You can remove the DB entry using the following command :

delete from oc_appconfig where appid = ‘enterprise_key’ and configkey = ‘license-key’;

2 Likes

FYI - there will be a solution to this issue in version 10.8: Remove license implementation by JanAckermann · Pull Request #38844 · owncloud/core · GitHub

2 Likes