Is there work on adding Owncloud as a Cloud account in android?

Hello,

Is there currently any work on getting OwnCloud added in android under settings as a Cloud account like Box, Dropbox, Drive and OneDrive all are?

Hi, @rahiquist.

Sorry, I don't understand. What do you mean with "as a Cloud account"?

ownCloud accounts are integrated with the AccountManager of Android since long time ago. You can find them following the path 'Device settings' > 'Accounts' > 'ownCloud' ; or add one from,'Device settings' > 'Accounts' > 'Add account' (last in the list) and selecting 'ownCloud'.

What device do you have? What Android version does it hold? What path do you follow in settings to get to "Cloud accounts" ?

I think its talk about exactly "Cloud" account in android, like Drive, Box,Dropbox,Onedrive, and different drives (as screnshot) and all benefits of android cloud accounts like Gallery, Music, File Manager, backups and native integration with Android.

Kaydannik got it exactly right. My current device is an LG v20 on Android 7.0 but I believe my LG v4 had the same feature on Android 6. On my Nexus 7 I see Owncloud listed under accounts and that device doesnt appear to have the separate Cloud account location.

This "cloud accounts" thingy is most likely something 3rdparty / non-android native so a good idea would be to research where this is coming from and request from the developer / provider of this option to add ownCloud to it.

I agree with @kljhlkhglklfgh, this seems a non-Android-native feature.

@Kaydannik, what are the steps you took to get to that screenshot? What model is your device? Thanks.

Yeah this appears to be an LG only item. My mistake, had I realized that I wouldn't even have asked.

Well, don't be so harsh with yourself, asking is always a good idea :slight_smile:

I'd love the app to appear in a menu like that, it definitely provides great visibility. It's just that, if it's vendor specific, it's probably more difficult to achieve. It might involve commercial deals with the manufacturer, or maybe they just put there whatever they like. That's why I see very difficult we do it.

But wishes are free to have :smiley: