I've got an issue using Google Drive (GD) as external storage. Everytime when modifying a file stored at GD using the OC web interface as well as using the OC Windows SyncClient, the file disappears from the OC web client and gets deleted afterwards by the Win client on the local PC drive.
After some investigations I found out, that the file still exists on Google drive, but two times with the same file name. It seems to me that OC breaks the versioning management of GD. The activity log in GD shows, that the modified file was uploaded with a temporarily filename and were renamed after upload was completed.
I'm not 100% sure if I maybe configured the new App connection somehow wrong, as the available tutorials for connection GD are not 100% consistant.
I checked the local storage as well as Dropbox for the same issue, but there everything works fine.
Steps to reproduce
1. Not sure, what to describe here. The issue is 100% reproducible for any file, which already exists on GD and were modified using OC
2. Any new created file, which does not exist on GD, is uploaded correctly to GD
3. When modifying a new uploaded file, the same issue affects this file afterwards
I would expect, that OC supports the versioning of GD, which would mean OC is just adding an new version to the existing file. If this is not possible for whatever resons, I would expect that the old file on GD is deleted before renaming the uploaded temp file.
After Changing a file in OC web client or on a Win PC locally, which is connected to OC using the Win OC SyncClient, an additional file with the same file name is created in the GD storage. If OC finds two or more files with the same name in the same GD folder, no file is shown in the OC web client and local files on the PC are deleted by the OC SyncClient.
Operating system: Linux
Web server: Apache
PHP version: 5.2.17
ownCloud version (see ownCloud admin page): 9.1.0
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: NO
ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log, see https://central.owncloud.org/t/how-to-find-webserver-or-oc-logfile-enable-php-logfile/808):
I just renamed the log file and reproduced the issue described above. The new created logfile is showing only an issue with a looked file on Dropbox, but nothing related to GD
Special configuration (external storage, external authentication, reverse proxy, server-side-encryption): GD, Dropbox and local storage used, nothing special on top of this
Integrity status for oC9+
No errors have been found.