Issues with editing files on iOS 9

Hello. I am experiencing issues with the iOS app.

The files is appearing just OK, and I am allowed to view the files in default viewer. However I am unable to edit the files. I have MS Word and MS Excel installed - I also have a Office365 Premium account, which allows me to edit files on my iOS.

Tapping the file
The files openes in default viewer (Which is OK, I would prefer the MS Word/Excel to be default) - In here I can select "Open in ..."

Opening another way
However I can swipe to the right on the filename, and a submenu appears (I can select More...) After which I can select "Open with ..." - This will give me the same menu as above with "Open in ..."

Open in ...
This will only allow me to select "Copy to Excel" - However this only open the document as Read only - If I wish to edit the document, I will have to save a copy - However I can't select OwnCloud as any of the places to save the copy.

Also it should be possible to open the document without it being read-only?

Any advice?

Mobile client configuration
Client version: iOS 3.4.9 (2c8cf9e)

Server configuration
Operating system: FreeBSD 10.2
Web server: Apache/2.4.23
Database: MySQL 5.6.30
PHP version: 5.6.24
ownCloud version (see ownCloud admin page): ownCloud 9.1.0
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: Fresh install

Hello amroot, Thanks for your feedback!

I am unable to edit the files.

Within next iOS App release 3.5.0 you will be able to edit text files and create new ones :smiley:

Tapping the file, Opening another way

To open a file that we support a preview mode you need to use open in mode to open within another app.

it should be possible to open the document without it being read-only?

That it is the mode that MS support.

I can't select OwnCloud as any of the places to save the copy.

OwnCloud app should appears as a location to select it, if not appears could be a bug there.
For a better tracking of bugs please go to https://github.com/owncloud/ios and open a new issue there, thanks

This two issues are related, if you have same issue and any additional details you can comment on it and reopen.

Would be a good workshop at the ownCloud Conference in Berlin. Any chance you can join us @amroot?
https://owncloud.org/conf/