Zustand: Installiert
Automatisch installiert: ja
Version: 10.0.0-1.1
Priorität: optional
Bereich: devel
Verwalter: Juergen Weigert jw@owncloud.com
Architektur: all
Unkomprimierte Größe: 8.192
Hängt ab von: php5 (>= 5.4.0), php5-common, php5-gd, php-xml-parser, php5-intl, php5-mcrypt, php5-curl, php5-json, php5-mysqlnd | php5-mysql, php5-sqlite,
php5-pgsql, php5-cgi | php5-fpm | libapache2-mod-php5, apache2 (>= 2.4.0) | httpd, owncloud-files
Empfiehlt: mysql-server | mariadb-server | postgresql, curl, exim4 | mail-transport-agent
Schlägt vor: php5-apcu (>= 4.0.6) | php-apc, php5-imagick, php5-ldap, php-smbclient | libsmbclient
Liefert: owncloud-deps
Beschreibung: ownCloud - dependencies for php5

--

This version of ownCloud requires at least PHP 5.6.0
You are currently running 5.4.45-0+deb7u8. Please update your PHP version.

A software that's dependent on PHP 5.6 which happily installs on PHP 5.4.

Thanks a fucking lot.

Let me guess: Downgrading is still unsupported?

To anyone else affected: If you're lucky enough to not have purged your apt-cache, you can restore from /var/cache/apt/archives.
Should go (as root) along the lines of

cp /var/cache/apt/archives/owncloud*9.1.5* /tmp;
cd /tmp;
dpkg -i owncloud-files_9.1.5-1.1_all.deb;
dpkg -i owncloud-deps-php5_9.1.5-1.1_all.deb;
dpkg -i owncloud_9.1.5-1.1_all.deb;

The install order above worked for me. The mismatching PHP-versions seem to have prevented the database upgrade from running, so that the DB was still in 9.1.5 state.
I haven't done extensive tests yet, but my Owncloud is at least accessible and uploads work.

I do notice that the fucked up packages have been quietly purged, without any acknowledgement or help that I was able to find.

When you're done fixing your installation, (re)move /var/lib/apt/lists/download.owncloud.org_download_repositories_stable_Debian%5f7.0_* and do an aptitude update.
The removed files should be recreated with the 9.1.5er packages/repo data.

1 Like

Some one seems to have already reported this to the correct place where such issues belongs to:

1 Like

Yes, that is a correct way to revert something like this. Until you're running occ upgrade (which upgrades the database) you can always revert the packages to the previous state.

Btw. thanks for posting the workaround.

That's a different issue. The OP in the linked issue is explicitly already installing PHP 5.6, and screwed up his install by installing different versions for Apache and CLI.

My issue was that in an utter lack of QA, someone released Owncloud 10 packages with botched dependencies in the official repositories, thus allowing the installation of Owncloud requiring PHP 5.6 on a machine with only 5.4.

Sorry, pasted the wrong link: