Latest OC client 3.x not available on Suse tumbleweed

The OC client 3.x is not available for SUSE Tumbleweed. The latest version is 2.11 from the Suse standard repo-oss.

I tried to use the version from leap 15.4 on https://download.owncloud.com/desktop/ownCloud/stable/latest/linux/openSUSE_Leap_15.4/owncloud.repo. This one installs a bunch of ocqt5152-libQt5* dependencies but finally the client start fails with a still missing shared library libicui18n.so.suse65.1 which is not available for Tumbleweed.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Yes, sorry, I haven’t managed to update the package yet, because the upstream package changed in a way that makes packaging harder. Thanks for the reminder, I will push the priority again. As always, any help in form of a PR in the openSUSE Buildservice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Klaas

1 Like

Thanks Klaas for the fast reply, I’ll have a look at the OBS :wink:

1 Like

@Klaas: I looked at Show home:kfreitag:branches:KDE:Extra / owncloud-client - openSUSE Build Service
but I have no idea yet where to start helping (I am not familiar with OBS).

Can you give some more info what would be needed to get a 3.x build available for SuSE tumbleweed?

Hi,
I have now finally managed to get the openSUSE Packages updated for Tumbleweed and in KDE:Extra repo for older distros.

It took so long because I had to introduce the libregraph API library first, that the client uses since the 3.0 version.

Next updates will be faster again.

Have fun!

1 Like

I already saw it and it works perfectly, thanks !!!
Sorry, that I could not be of any help, I am not familiar with building this package through OBS

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.