LDAP user and group backend app is missing [oC 10.0]

But the release is totally decoupled from the core releases. And that's the best on it.

Disclaimer: This is my personal opinion. I'm not related in any way to ownCloud or the company.

Is someone working at the LDAP-APP? Didn't find a github repo for that.
Can I test some beta?

The github repo for that app is available here:

Thanks for your fast reply! So it's the same repo as before the marketplace was introduced?
I will try it, maybe it works already, although it seems not much activity there.

UPDATE: not working :disappointed_relieved:

Thank you for this. I upgraded to ownCloud 10 from 9.1 and saw that the LDAP app wasn't there. I installed this new version and it works just fine.

That are good news! Can you elaborate on how to do this, please?
[Solved: Download, extract, change owner, enable with 'occ']

You are right, it's working indeed! I forgot to enable it after cloning the git:
So for everyone: first clone the app into your owncloud apps-folder, mostly /var/www/owncloud/apps

1. sudo git clone https://github.com/owncloud/user_ldap.git
  2. and activate it with: sudo -u www-data /var/www/owncloud/occ app:enable user_ldap

Et voilà LDAP is working again. I wonder why it needed several days to find this simple workaround :smiley:

I made a zip of all the files on GitHub by pressing clone or download, extracted them to the apps folder within ownCloud in the folder "user_ldap", then enabled it in the Apps menus on the ownCloud control panel from the web interface.

What simsasaile did is a little faster.

It seems to work, but I'm not sure, if something is different. My users-table in admin view only gets populated, after a user has logged in. Many users are "missing" now. And the email field is sometimes empty, sometimes not. It should get populated by ldap query on mail attribute. It did work with 9.x.
I tried changing cache time, but that did not work. Any ideas?

Same here it's working but the Users only shows people who have actually logged in. At first I thought it was because the AD group I added had more than 1000 members, owncloud logs complains about this, not sure if related though
..."app":"PHP","method":"POST","url":"\/index.php\/apps\/user_ldap\/ajax\/wizard.php","message":"ldap_search(): Partial search results returned: Sizelimit exceeded at \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/apps\/user_ldap\/lib\/LDAP.php#255"}

Someone suggested to wait for the marketplace version to come out

I reverted back to 9.1.5. All good now. Next time I do an "apt-get upgrade" I'll look very closely, if there is anything related to ownCloud.

From what I understand from the issues on Github for this app, you still need to manually perform a users:sync action with the occ command after configuring an LDAP backend.

The github version of the user_ldap still needs to be taken with care because of this statement:

Please also note that the user_ldap is currently under a major rework and a new improved version should be available in 3-4 weeks.

-> https://central.owncloud.org/t/owncloud-causes-100-cpu-on-ldap-samba4-server/7459/2

If you heavily rely on the user_ldap then you might need to consider to revert to your oC 9.1.5 backup for now.

Thanks for letting us know. I'd love to have a more specific time frame so that I have something to tell my boss. But this is better than nothing.

I don't see how the link you provide is related though. It's about OC 9.

If they would have a more specific time frame they probably have already told us.

The link is about oC 9 but as there is no rewrite of the user_ldap for oC 9 done that guy probably just mixed up something between the versions.

thanks @simsasaile !
i follow your step .. the
sudo git clone https://github.com/owncloud/user_ldap.git work fine
the second point don't work it.. comand not found
the workaround, refresh the admin page , go to application , and enable the app

thanks

1 Like

FYI, the user_ldap app arrived with 10.0.1 at the marketplace:

https://marketplace.owncloud.com/apps/user_ldap

@kljhlkhglklfgh i love you !!! thanks

The marketplace app is exhibiting the same issues as the one from git as in I cannot see all the users anymore, only the ones that have logged in to owncloud after the update