LDAP's messages are filling my Owncloud log

Hi,

I'm running Owncloud 9.1.2-1.1 with LDAP. My Owncloud log is being filled with the following messages:

{"reqId":"WEav@sCoAAQAAA92sdQAAAAL","remoteAddr":"192.168.0.1","app":"user_ldap","message":"Base tree for Groups is empty, using Base DN","level":1,"time":"2016-12-06T13:32:58+01:00","method":"PROPFIND","url":"\/owncloud\/remote.php\/webdav\/","user":"user"}

This message is getting repeated for every user I have. Could you help me understand the problem?

Thanks!

No clues about what's going on?

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/latest/admin_manual/configuration_user/user_auth_ldap.html
Are you sure that you followed all steps described in the documentation?

Thanks for the help hodyroff! What I did was that I tried to set a base tree for our groups but it did not make the message stop. I noticed that our base tree for users is "ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com" and what was set in Owncloud was "ou=users,dc=example,dc=com". I changed it and the messages were gone. I had no idea that the base tree is case sensitive. It's weird because it was complaining about the base tree for groups, not for users :slight_smile:.

1 Like