Linux Mint 19 - Package libicu63 is not available

I am running Linux Mint 19 (aka Ubuntu) and I am trying to install the desktop client for ownCloud but I keep getting this error and I am not sure what to do to fix it. Any help?

sudo apt install owncloud-client
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 owncloud-client : Depends: libowncloudsync0 (= 2.5.4.11654+oc-515) but 2.4.2+oc-9883 is to be installed
                   Depends: ocqt5121-libqt5core5a but it is not going to be installed
                   Depends: ocqt5121-libqt5dbus5 but it is not going to be installed
                   Depends: ocqt5121-libqt5gui5 but it is not going to be installed
                   Depends: ocqt5121-libqt5keychain1 but it is not going to be installed
                   Depends: ocqt5121-libqt5network5 but it is not going to be installed
                   Depends: ocqt5121-libqt5webkit5 but it is not going to be installed
                   Depends: ocqt5121-libqt5widgets5 but it is not going to be installed
                   Depends: ocqt5121-libqt5xml5 but it is not going to be installed
                   Depends: ocqt5121-libqt5sql5-sqlite but it is not going to be installed
                   Depends: ocqt5121-qtsvg5 but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

@schworak what are the exact steps you tried? exact repo did you use?

1 Like

It turned out to be an issue with the fact that Mint is 1 LTS behind Ubuntu. So I had to use the http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:/ownCloud:/desktop/Ubuntu_18.04/ instead of http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:/ownCloud:/desktop/Ubuntu_19.04/

Once I realized that Mint was behind Ubuntu, I was able to update the repository list and it installed just fine. :slight_smile:

3 Likes