My logs are flooded with this message:
{"level":"warn","service":"storage-system","pkg":"rhttp","traceid":"7a3af4fbc09bc9deb5a72b5fbf5795c5","host":"127.0.0.1","method":"GET","uri":"/data/spaces/jsoncs3-share-manager-metadata%21jsoncs3-share-manager-metadata/users/<redacted_alphanumerical>/received.json","url":"/users/<redacted_alphanumerical>/received.json","proto":"HTTP/1.1","status":404,"size":0,"start":"31/Oct/2025:14:04:50 +0000","end":"31/Oct/2025:14:04:50 +0000","time_ns":404774,"time":"2025-10-31T14:04:50Z","message":"http"}
I have OCIS running in a container with Authelia authentication with LLDAP backend. OCIS’ own IDP is disabled.
No other errors perceived. From an end user point of view, everything works.
1 Like
Anyone else has this problem or is this only me?
Does anybody has an idea on where to start looking for the error?
1 Like
Mmh. That’s strange. Is it always the same alphanum that you see in the logs or is it different ones?
The received.json holds the shares that a specific user did receive. If this isn’t found the user didn’t get any shares yet.
But I’m wondering:
- Why do you see so many logs
and
- Why all of them are printed as warning.
Do you do something specific when seeing this error messages? Do you have a lot of users in your IDP?
1 Like
It is always the same alhpanum.
For my IDP: I disabled the internal IDP. and rely completely on Authelia and LLDAP. I only have 4 users and some of them aren’t even “enabled” in OCIS (they haven’t logged on ever yet). So it might be easy to match the id with a user but I wouldn’t know how.
That said, the only error I see is that the logs are flooded. I have access to the shares and everything seems to work.
1 Like
@bertmelis I would assume you have a desktop client running syncing your data?
The log is being written because something (I assume desktop client) is polling your shares. Since nobody ever shared a file with you you don’t have a received.json - hence the error message.
Possible mitigations:
- Ignore it - it does no harm
- Raise log levels so it doesnt get logged any more.
- Have someone share a file/folder with you. This will create the received.json and get rid of the error message.
We will check what we can do from code side to avoid these unnecessary logs.
2 Likes