MacOS Desktop Client no Settings GUI opens

Hi,

I have a strange behaviour with my Owclound Desktop Client on MacOS

I can not open settings in Ow-client. Usually I can open settings and see current sync state, configre account and so on. On my system this does not work. I can choose with a right-click omn the OC icon to “open” but nothing happens.

The sync itself is running fine, it uploads new files to my server. Work as expected. I just can not open the app windows itself.
The process is running:

user@mac MacOS % ps ax | grep owncloud
 1310   ??  S      0:00.97 /Applications/owncloud.app/Contents/MacOS/owncloud
 1313   ??  Ss     0:00.06 /Applications/owncloud.app/Contents/PlugIns/FinderSyncExt.appex/Contents/MacOS/FinderSyncExt -AppleLanguages ("de-DE")
 1318 s000  R+     0:00.00 grep owncloud

I can end the app by command line:

user@mac MacOS % ./owncloud -q
sync.utility: migrateLaunchOnStartup: has launch agent plist: true has deprecated launch on startup: false
gui.application: Already running, exiting...
 1313   ??  Ss     0:00.08 /Applications/owncloud.app/Contents/PlugIns/FinderSyncExt.appex/Contents/MacOS/FinderSyncExt -AppleLanguages ("de-DE")
 1325 s000  R+     0:00.00 grep owncloud

On the desktop there is no option to quit/ end the OC client. I can just select to open it, but nothing happens.

I can, however manually kill the instance through console:

chvoelker@cvoelker MacOS % ./owncloud -q
sync.utility: migrateLaunchOnStartup: has launch agent plist: true has deprecated launch on startup: false
 1313   ??  Ss     0:00.08 /Applications/owncloud.app/Contents/PlugIns/FinderSyncExt.appex/Contents/MacOS/FinderSyncExt -AppleLanguages ("de-DE")
 1325 s000  R+     0:00.00 grep owncloud

But when started with the -s parameter the settings page opens fine:

user@mac MacOS % ./owncloud -s

My Mac is a MacBook Pro (2012) with M1 cpu and running on macOS Venture 13.1.

Anyone having a clue?

Thanks!

/KNEBB

What is the exact version you’re running? (./owncloud --version)

Hi,

sorry, just forgot to add:

user@mac MacOS % ./owncloud --version
ownCloud ownCloud 3.0.0.9215-
https://github.com/owncloud/client/commit/457b08ed362e4c9ae430797508791ff25171c36c
Libraries Qt 5.15.5, OpenSSL 1.1.1q  5 Jul 2022
Using virtual files plugin: suffix
osx-22.2.0

Do you have multiple spaces or monitors? The window might end up on another display/space than the one with the menu bar.

Have same issue on Mac M2 MacOS Ventura 13.0.1, one single screen.

I’ve noticed that running “owncloud -s” cannot show an icon in the bottom bar, just a empty dot.

ScreenShot 2023-01-27 at 01.22.56

./Contents/MacOS/owncloud --version

ownCloud ownCloud 3.1.0.9872
https://github.com/owncloud/client/commit/e99d0f90375fc3801d38d6761cbb319ea714ddb0
Libraries Qt 5.15.5, OpenSSL 1.1.1q 5 Jul 2022
Using virtual files plugin: suffix
osx-22.1.0

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.