Manual OC Upgrade 9.1.1 to 9.1.3 issue

Hello, I am using Ubuntu 14.04, Apache2 and Mysql 5.5.4. I was doing many manual OC upgrade before without any problems but this time I am experiencing issue when I use sudo -u www-data php occ upgrade ... It shows error:

Owncloud is in maintenance mode
Maybe an upgrade is already in process. Please check the logfile (data/owncloud.log). If you want to re-run the upgrade procedure, remove the "maintenance mode" from config.php and call this script again.

Well, owncloud.log is empty. When I turn off maintenance mode it shows that OC is is already at latest version (which is not). When I try to login via browser it shows that I have to do upgrade from command line.

So what I have done:

1, Downloaded last Oc version from your site
2, Set maintanance mode ON
3, Stopped web server
4, Renamed OC folder to owncloud-9.1.1
5, Unpacked new owncloud to right folder
6, Copied Config, APP Documents and my template
7, I Restarted web server
8, And finally I used sudo -u www-data php occ upgrade
9, I was staring to errors which I wrote at the beggining of this thread :frowning:

I am glad I had snapshot, because I was unable to login or fix it.

I found similar problem here:

But his solution doesn't work for me. Any idea what to do? Thank you

If you turn off maintenance mode, you should run the occ upgrade again. In the first step, don't copy any apps from the previous version or your template (only config and data folder). After that you can set up again your theme (between these minor versions there shouldn't be an issue). It's better to load apps again from the app store, this way you get the latest version of them as well.

Ok, I will try to. Thank you

Btw, when I turn off maintanance mode and run occ upgrade again, it shows that my Oc is up to date (owncloud is already at latest version). My data folder is in different location, so I have to copy only config. Anyway I will try and let you now :slight_smile:

Can you verify that the version in version.php in the main folder is 9.1.3, and the version in your config/config.php is 9.1.1?

I will verify it later, I have to wait for some better daytime when nobody will use cloud :slight_smile:

Version.php:

<?php
$OC_Version = array(9,1,3,1);
$OC_VersionString = '9.1.3';
$OC_Edition = '';
$OC_Channel = 'stable';
$OC_VersionCanBeUpgradedFrom = array(9,0);
$OC_Build = '2016-12-12T17:43:04+00:00 f9a867b70c217463289a741d4d26079eb2a80dfd';

Version in Config.php is 9.1.1.3

Still unable to manually upgrade ...

root@owncloud:/var/www/owncloud# sudo -u www-data php occ upgrade
ownCloud is in maintenance mode - no app have been loaded
ownCloud is in maintenance mode
Maybe an upgrade is already in process. Please check the logfile (data/owncloud.log). If you want to re-run the upgrade procedure, remove the "maintenance mode" from config.php and call this script again.
root@owncloud:/var/www/owncloud# mc (I turned maintanance off)

root@owncloud:/var/www/owncloud# sudo -u www-data php occ upgrade
ownCloud is already latest version

I didn't copy any template or apps. Just fresh OC 9.1.3 + config

So it's really the new code, normally this should work. Best is to create a bug report on https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues

I have done. Thank you :slight_smile:

ref: https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/26930