Memory exhausted in Log.php

Hi all,

I found several more or less similar issues but did not find a solution.

My Owncloud X is a very small installatio for just a couple of users which are not using it very frequently.

However, I am getting emails from my Owncloud instance:
PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 65552 bytes) in /path/to/owncloud/lib/private/Log.php on line 310

Initially, my memory_size in php.ini was set to 128M. Meanwhile I increased it to 512MB and still getting these emails.

I am wondering what is means. I found some threads talking about a file to be uploaded could cause this issue but what I am wondering is the reference to “Log.php”.
Line 310 states:
$formattedMessage = \strtr($message, $replace);

I have not noticed any issues in functionality so far and I obviously will not increase memory_limit to whatever value might be needed. As I said, small server has just 2GB of total RAM.

So any idea what this could cause the message and how I can get rid of it?

THANKS!

/KNEBB

Meanwhile it happend with other modules, too. Not only “Log.php”.

I increased the value in php.ini now to 1024M and it looks like it went away.

However, this seems to be really hughe compared to the default value of 128M. And it is a very small system- is there a recommended amount to set it to?

Thanks!

/KNEBB

Hey,

from what i have read so far in the ownCloud documentation the suggested amount of memory assigned to ownCloud is “at least 512 MB”.