New error connecting onlyoffice and owncloud

Backstory

I’ve been using onlyoffice with owncloud for about a year, no issues. Recently noticed documents weren’t opening, stating token error. I probably did something that I can’t remember doing which borked it, but as is the case with not remembering, I don’t remember actually making any changes to container configs (only kept up with image updates).

Steps to reproduce

1. Set up owncloud in docker container with reverse proxy (working)
  2. Set up onlyoffice in docker container with reverse proxy (working)
  3. In owncloud settings > additional, set ONLYOFFICE Docs address as https://onlyoffice.mydomain.com and Secret as per the local.json which is the same as the output when typing docker exec 45df18b9f6da /var/www/onlyoffice/documentserver/npm/json -f /etc/onlyoffice/documentserver/local.json 'services.CoAuthoring.secret.session.string'
  4. Hit save

Expected behaviour

Owncloud should connect to onlyoffice and allow document editing directly from onlyoffice

Actual behaviour

I get an error Error when trying to connect (URI must be a string or UriInterface) (version 7.2.1.34) which I can’t find replicated when I google.

Server configuration

Operating system:
Docker in DSM (Synology linux)

Web server:
nginx

Database:
mariadb:10.5

PHP version:

ownCloud version: (see ownCloud admin page)

Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install:
Updated

Where did you install ownCloud from:
owncloud/server:latest

Signing status (ownCloud 9.0 and above):
No errors have been found.

The content of config/config.php:
Github gist = /BackedUpBooty/7c5c69897c00f494dd6c3963af67ce9a

**Are you using external storage, if yes which one:** local

**Are you using encryption:** no

**Are you using an external user-backend, if yes which one:** No

### Client configuration
**Browser:**
Chrome

**Operating system:**
Windows

### Logs

#### ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log)
Github gist = /BackedUpBooty/922c622c3e0a3b2d0b5364504d979364

Hi,

I’ve never seen this error so far. The app config from the provided gist looks ok to me and is similar to a working setup. As you are running ownCloud 10.11 please try to update the OnlyOffice app to the latest release. Compatibility for oC 10.11+ was added in v7.5.4 while you are still using "version": "7.5.3".

This was it. Took me a minute to realise where you were suggesting I update it, but yeah, looks like I hadn’t been keeping up with a few different app updates inside the admin area for OC. Thanks for the quick reply.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.