3. Click "Next"

Expected behaviour
Tell us what should happen
Client should connect to ownCloud server, get credentials, and sync files

Actual behaviour
Tell us what happens instead
The following error:

Failed to connect to ownCloud at https:// address/status.php:
Error downloading https:// address/status.php - server replied: Service Unavailable

(I had to put spaces in the address when I posted this because otherwise the site says I'm posting too many links :confused:)

Client configuration
Client version: 2.2.3.3601
Client operating system: reproduced on computers running both OS X El Capitan 10.11 and macOS Sierra 10.12

Server configuration
Operating system: Ubuntu 14.04
Web server: Apache
Database: MariaDB
PHP version: 5.5.9-1ubuntu
ownCloud version (see ownCloud admin page): 9.1 stable
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: fresh install
ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log): empty

Special configurations (external storage, external authentication, reverse proxy, server-side-encryption):
I moved the data folder to /opt/owncloud/data, and changed the permissions according to the installation guide

Hi,

"service unavailable" sound more like an issue on network / webserver level so moving to the miscellaneous category. Basic knowledge about network / connection debugging is needed here from your side.

I should add that I can connect to the ownCloud server from the web browser with no issues, and can upload/download files from there.

I solved it. Turns out the permissions on the data/ directory were set incorrectly, which somehow didn't propagate through the web UI until today so I didn't think to double-check. Maybe it had something to do with caches.

Hi wolfson,

I have a similar if not the same problem. Both my desktop client as well as the iOS App won't connect although server, user and password are correct. You wrote something about wrong permissions ... could you elaborate? What kind of permissions did have to change in order to make it work?

Thanks a lot!
Martin