New installation on a web hosting - new folders not created

I looks like there’s a bug in the web installer. I just installed it clean on my dedicated box with all proper permissions and also cannot create a folder! The same owncloud version is working on the same box after upgrade from version 9 without problems. I’ll try to compare configs to see the difference.

Yes, webinstaller shouldn’t be used anymore.

Gosh, would it be mentioned in the docs more obviously?.. Thanks for letting me know!

My provider is saying that creating a folder uses a call in the form

https://oc.runblogger.ru/remote.php/webdav/

The MKCOL method is used and it is not standard requiring WebDAV over HTTP. Is that correct? Is there a workaround? How the folders are created during installation and new user creation? That’s very strange that some code of the application can create folders while some core functionality isn’t working.

I found a workaround here HTTP methods MKCOL and DELETE return error 501 Not Implemented, but it does not work for me.

Hey,

from what i know ownCloud is using various additional HTTP methods besides GET/POST/PUT like MKCOL or PROPFIND etc. which are required for ownCloud to work correctly. If your environment doesn’t provide the required methods then i thin it could explain why you’re seeing this issue.

1 Like

Fully agree with @tom42. ownCloud depends on a working webdav base, including MKCOL.

Yep, I gave up on shared hosting and moved to a VPS. Everything works fine there. It wasn’t just obvious that these additional methods were removed by the provider. As I understand, they are standard for the Apache server.

Hey,

from what i know support for the “extended” Methods like PROPFIND and so on are provided by ownCloud itself but can be easily blocked directly within the web server configuration like seen in e.g.:

Thanks. I might try, but I moved to a dedicated server without such limits, so I guess this topic can be closed for now.