Nexus progress as Easter present!

Just a quick update: even though this was a very short week with me coming back from a short Easter vacation on Wednesday we made some nice progress with nexus!

1. Upstream reva was waiting for several reviews to make it use the latest SC3 apis. :heavy_check_mark:
  2. I rebased our changes on top of the latest reva. :heavy_check_mark:
  3. I submitted a few PRs to fix bugs I encountered when testing with litmus and phoenix. :heavy_check_mark:
  4. I updated nexus to use all the new code and branches. :heavy_check_mark:
  5. All PRs are already merged! :rocket:

So what has been fixed?

1. some minor bugs introduced after merging our changes manually
  2. litmus test suite: basic, copy & move
  3. correct etags, mtimes and sizes in PROPFIND

What is up next?

Next week, I will focus on actually implementing an s3 storage provider. Maybe not with minio but ceph if it has ACLs or tagging as I wrote about earlier. While the next big thing is a working sharing implementation reva will likely see some changes in that regard next week. Maybe an initial ShareService implementation.
Phoenix needs some love in the sharing ui as well. I hope that implementing an s3 storage provider will give me a better understanding of what is technically possible and how we can translate between our requirements and the different possible implementations. As far as I can tell the actual sharing capabilities might be storage vendor specific. If time permits I’ll help out with phoenix to bring what I learned back to the UI the week after.

I’ll try to document how to implement a storage provider for reva as I go. Stay tuned and read you next week!

butonic

5 Likes