Client operating system: Windows 7

Server configuration
Operating system:SuSe 13.2
Web server: Apache 2.2
Database: MySQL
PHP version: 5.4.20
ownCloud version: 9.1.3 (stable) fresh install

Hey,

I'm completely new to owncloud (used Dropbox the last years). After a fresh install nearly everything seems to working fine except the windows folder icons. All folders and files in my windows owncloud folder have the standard icons so it is impossible to see which files are syncing right now.

Is there anything I have to configure to get these special icons?

Kind regards,
Sully

Two things which could cause this:

• You havn't restarted your windows after the installation of the sync client
  • The icons are only shown for folders which are synced with the sync client. They won't show up for every file / folder on your system
1 Like

Restar was done and even if I create a new file oder folder the icons won't show up :frowning:

Do you have any other sync clients on the Windows machine? Some are using the same mechanism we do and there is a limit to the number of icons you can have ...

I'm using Dropbox at the same time.

So removed Dropbox from the autostart, restarted Windows but the problem still exists.

I got exactly the same issue : no icons associated with the files/folder in Windows Explorer.
The sync works fine.
client 2.2.4

It might help to see the previous comments which have quite some pointers what could be wrong. If you have checked all that comments and its still not working as expected please report a bug to the developers of the sync client: