Not saving entered info?

I'm using the contact app on OC9.1.2 Stable and everything is working fine as far as the contacts sync'ing down to carddav clients. My issue is when i make any changes they don't always get saved. For example if i update a users phone number I'd enter +1 555 123 4567
I can click away from the user and come back and the number is there. but if i sync my client i might just see the number as +1 55
like the rest didn't get saved. if i refresh my browser the contact shows the +1 55 and I have to enter the rest of the number again.
I generally have to enter things like 3 times before it all saves.
Is this something to do with server cache maybe? should I disable that and try? Using chrome or IE it does this. haven't tried other browsers.

last error in log:

Error while running background job (class: OC\Migration\BackgroundRepair, arguments: Array ( [app] => dav [step] => OCA\DAV\Migration\GenerateBirthdays ) ): {"Exception":"OC\\ServerNotAvailableException","Message":"Lost connection to LDAP server.","Code":0,"Trace":"#0 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/user_ldap\/lib\/LDAP.php(257): OCA\\User_LDAP\\LDAP->postFunctionCall()\n#1 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/user_ldap\/lib\/LDAP.php(178): OCA\\User_LDAP\\LDAP->invokeLDAPMethod('read', Resource id #65, 'cn=ppaul,ou=kir...', 'objectClass=*', Array)\n#2 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/user_ldap\/lib\/Access.php(175): OCA\\User_LDAP\\LDAP->read(Resource id #65, 'cn=ppaul,ou=kir...', 'objectClass=*', Array)\n#3 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/user_ldap\/lib\/Group_LDAP.php(314): OCA\\User_LDAP\\Access->readAttribute('cn=ppaul,ou=kir...', 'primaryGroupID')\n#4 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/user_ldap\/lib\/Group_LDAP.php(338): OCA\\User_LDAP\\Group_LDAP->getEntryGroupID('cn=ppaul,ou=kir...', 'primaryGroupID')\n#5 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/user_ldap\/lib\/Group_LDAP.php(421): OCA\\User_LDAP\\Group_LDAP->getUserPrimaryGroupIDs('cn=ppaul,ou=kir...')\n#6 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/user_ldap\/lib\/Group_LDAP.php(458): OCA\\User_LDAP\\Group_LDAP->getUserPrimaryGroup('cn=ppaul,ou=kir...')\n#7 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/Group\/Manager.php(245): OCA\\User_LDAP\\Group_LDAP->getUserGroups('ppaul')\n#8 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/Group\/Manager.php(232): OC\\Group\\Manager->getUserIdGroups('ppaul')\n#9 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/dav\/lib\/Connector\/Sabre\/Principal.php(149): OC\\Group\\Manager->getUserGroups(Object(OC\\User\\User))\n#10 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/dav\/lib\/CardDAV\/CardDavBackend.php(127): OCA\\DAV\\Connector\\Sabre\\Principal->getGroupMembership('principals\/user...', true)\n#11 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/dav\/lib\/CalDAV\/BirthdayService.php(180): OCA\\DAV\\CardDAV\\CardDavBackend->getAddressBooksForUser('principals\/user...')\n#12 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/dav\/lib\/Migration\/GenerateBirthdays.php(66): OCA\\DAV\\CalDAV\\BirthdayService->syncUser('ppaul')\n#13 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/User\/Manager.php(359): OCA\\DAV\\Migration\\GenerateBirthdays->OCA\\DAV\\Migration\\{closure}(Object(OC\\User\\User))\n#14 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/dav\/lib\/Migration\/GenerateBirthdays.php(67): OC\\User\\Manager->callForAllUsers(Object(Closure))\n#15 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/Repair.php(88): OCA\\DAV\\Migration\\GenerateBirthdays->run(Object(OC\\Repair))\n#16 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/Migration\/BackgroundRepair.php(102): OC\\Repair->run()\n#17 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/BackgroundJob\/Job.php(52): OC\\Migration\\BackgroundRepair->run(Array)\n#18 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/BackgroundJob\/TimedJob.php(53): OC\\BackgroundJob\\Job->execute(Object(OC\\BackgroundJob\\JobList), Object(OC\\Log))\n#19 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/Migration\/BackgroundRepair.php(63): OC\\BackgroundJob\\TimedJob->execute(Object(OC\\BackgroundJob\\JobList), Object(OC\\Log))\n#20 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/cron.php(146): OC\\Migration\\BackgroundRepair->execute(Object(OC\\BackgroundJob\\JobList), Object(OC\\Log))\n#21 {main}","File":"\/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/user_ldap\/lib\/LDAP.php","Line":284}

Integrity status for oC9+

No errors have been found.

Please report this error on the bugtracker: https://github.com/owncloud/contacts/issues