Oauth 2 Not Updating

client-development

I am operating Moodle together with OwnCloud, and recently updated the OAuth 2 plugin in OwnCloud to a newer version. However, since then, Each time I try to authenticate from Moodle I receive the following error:
error/Could not upgrade oauth token
Has anyone else had this problem?

It will be a total pain if I have to delete the pairing in Moodle, and reconfigure it all again. :frowning:
Thanks,
Paul

Trying to configure OwnCloud in a test Moodle and I get the following when using the configuration laid out in the Moodle documentation.

error/Could not discover end points for identity issuerOwnCloud

So ok, I have tried to configure this on several platforms, and using different OwnCloud instances, it refuses to connect at present. Could there be a bug in the OAuth2 configuration file in OwnCloud?

Does this error occur if you use the previous version of OAuth?

That is a good question. The old version has been replaced by the new version on both sites. But it was working before the upgrade.

What you can do is, download the previous version and just replace it in the ownCloud apps folder.

Can you try this and report back?

Hey,

what i’m missing here is basic information like used versions of the ownCloud server and the clients. I think those are absolutely mandatory information everyone should try to provide.

Yep, I’ll do that and provide feedback.

tom42, everything is the very latest version of software and plugins, but I’ll post that information.
OwnCloud is 10.0.9
Oauth2 version 2.0.2.3
I hope that helps.

Hey,

what about the version of the sync client? :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m asking because the following post is mentioned something “important” for OAuth2 users:

Hi Tom42,
I’m running 2.4.3 and everything is working fine.
The iPhone app is working just fine too, which makes me wonder whether or not I’m looking at the wrong end. :roll_eyes:

Ok, I seem to have resolved the issue. During configuration on Moodle you have an option to “Authenticate token requests via HTTP headers” via a checkbox. This was not checked.

I have no idea how it became unchecked since I have not touched the setup untill it stopped working, but it took a long time to find the problem, but in the end I created a completely new Moodle installation, and followed the setup instructions ste-by-step, and it worked. :slight_smile: