OC mobile clients instant uploads error

I am using owncloud mobile apps on both platforms (iOS and Android). Both show the very same behavior:

When I open the app and switch to the "Uploads" tab, I see hundreds of failed uploads. I can't find any options to either restart the uploads, or at least clear the list.

Funny enough, the pictures seem to be uploaded, certain spot checks inicate that the pics have been uploaded (don't know if they were uploaded initially, or in an automatic second attempt).

What I would really like to get is a clear picture which images have been uploaded and which did not. For those which failed, I would like to get a possibility to either restart the upload or at least see a meaningful error message what went wrong...

Please help us by providing the following info.

Steps to reproduce
1. Take some fotos
2. open the mobile app, switch to the uploads tab
3. inspect the list of failed uploads

Expected behaviour
Tell us what should happen

clear indication why images where not uploaded, possibility to restart the upload or a meaningful error message and a possibility to clear the list

Actual behaviour
Tell us what happens instead

List of hundreds of failed uploads, no way to manipulate the list or get more information

Mobile client configuration
Client OS (iOS, Android, ...): iOS 10.2 and Andoid 7
Client version: iOS 3.5.2

Server configuration
Operating system: Ubuntu 16.04.1
Web server: Apache2
Database: MySQL
PHP version:7.0.8
ownCloud version (see ownCloud admin page): 9.1.3
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: updated with apt packages
ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log):

Special configurations (external storage, external authentication, reverse proxy, server-side-encryption): neither

Hi, @eMarcusNet .

About the pictures that could be uploaded, but still appear as failed: in the past we've found some conditions in which a file is completely uploaded, but takes a long time to be processed in the server side, and the mobile app end the upload with a timeout. In this situation it's hard for the apps to find out that the error was indeed a success. In the Android app we recently increased the timeout to a huge size, so it's improbable you see that happening again.

The Uploads view is different in both apps.

In the case of Android, you will see up to three sections title UPLOADED (successful uploads), FAILED (failed uploads), and CURRENT (uploads in progress or in a queue to be uploaded next). You can tap on the top right icon, and clear the uploads of the "Failed" section, the uploads in the "Successful" section, or all of them. You can also trigger at once a retry of all those in the "failed" section with the option "Retry failed". If you want to retry individual uploads, tap on the item in the list.

In the case of iOS, there are also three sections, but uploads will only go to the FAILED section when there is some action to do before they can be retried, such as updating the password or deciding if overwrite the file in the server. To fix these failed uploads you need to tap on the item in the list.

Where are you watching your multiple failed uploads: iOS app, Android app or both? What is the fail reason shown in them?