OCC and FIles:Scan in single catlog

Hi, I install owncloud server and i keep files in /media/Dane/

When i add manually fille to to this location i need refresh file list, and i use this command :

sudo -u www-data /var/www//owncloud/occ files:scan --all &

but its take almost 1 h

Can i refresh only one folder ???
i try someting like this

sudo -u www-data /var/www//owncloud/occ files:scan --path /media/Dane/Marcin/files/testDir/
Unknown user 1 media
+---------+-------+--------------+
| Folders | Files | Elapsed time |
| 0       | 0     | 00:00:00     |

Output shows count folders and files 0 but in this directory are files, how i can refresh this directory ??

Hi,

the correct usage of the occ command is available here:

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/latest/admin_manual/configuration_server/occ_command.html#file-operations-label

So if you have a user called "user1" you need to pass the command like:

sudo -u www-data /var/www//owncloud/occ files:scan --path user1/files/testDir/

sudo -u www-data /var/www//owncloud/occ files:scan --path user1/files/testDir/

Ita work, thx for help :wink:

Btw. you shouldn't modify stuff within the datadir itself. That is unsupported and can cause issues with your data. Please see the following FAQ for alternatives:

Hi
we have around 300 users who login via their browser

OC is hosted on our web space on Godaddy

we have folders on our PC that we use to store the user data, we paste files there

users upload files directly into OC

we need to sync our PC data with the cloud data.

My solution was to run an FTP app that syncs the OC Data DIR with our PC Data DIR and then run Files Scan to update the OC cache. Would that work?

I can use the desktop client but I don't know how many user accounts I can add to it, we also create new users all the time and we'd need to add them to the DT client as well.

Please avoid hijacking such old and already answered topics with unrelated questions (the original poster had asked how to use occ to scan a single folder).

Sorry I'm new to this and i thought it was similar. I'm looking for help and I figured it was similar enough. I'll start a new question.