OCC - files:scan

Hi,

Changed the data directory of my owncloud instance to:

‘datadirectory’ => ‘/opt/ocdata/’,

Then copied folders of data to /opt/ocdata/myuser/files/

Ran sudo -u www-data /var/www/owncloud/occ files:scan --path=“myuser/files”

Runs ok, but it’s scanning the old folder in the wrong path. It’s scanning this:

/var/www/owncloud/data/myuser/files

What is the correct way to get occ files:scan to scan the new data directory?

OwnCloud version is 10.0.10.4
Edition is community
OS is Ubuntu 18 server
php 7.2.10

Thanks

Luis

Owncloud 10.0.1 realpath(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(\/)

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/10.0/admin_manual/maintenance/manually-moving-data-folders.html

interesting!

so, based on this I can create a symlink and not have to modify any database or config.php?

If so, I will replace

‘datadirectory’ => ‘/opt/ocdata/’,

with

‘datadirectory’ => ‘/var/www/owncloud/data/’,

not sure why there would be an option to set a datadirectory in the config if it isn’t going to be respected

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks!

Hey,

i think as long as your PHP setup is allowing to follow symlinks then this should work.

From what i know it is respected once during the installation and currently can’t be changed without additional modifications within the database like described in the posted link.

Ok, so here is where I am with this:

• yes, editing the config.php file will allow you to use a different folder as the data folder for owncloud (restart apache)
  • some things to be aware of when moving files into this folder (also outlined in some of the resource links provided by alfredb
  • symlinks are not needed
  • how you copy/move the files into the folder is important. depending on the way you move/copy the files you may miss moving/copying some hidden files
  • you have to chown the folder/files recursively to www-data
  • you also have to rescan the folder(s) so owncloud picks up the changes:

sudo -u www-data php /var/www/owncloud/occ files:scan --all

Yes, we all (ok ,most of us) know that. So what?

Perhaps you should spend more time providing useful comments and less time sharing your inarticulate and vapid thoughts.

Yes, maybe you’re right.