OCIS Branding and customisations

I am currently using OC10.10 and updgrading to 10.11 or 10.12.

I user standalone server ubuntu server, and todate i have been very happy with OC started with version 7.x.

I am new ot OCIS so these question might have been answered before and apologies for bring them up again.
1/ Can OCIS be installed on a standalone boax, beare meatl ofr vmaware etc…
2/ Cans it be Customised/branded the way we need to represent our organisation?

If that cannot be done and out understaning is that OC clasic will has a life span of only about another 1-2 years at max.

Taking all that into account and the lack of support for PHP 8.x, we are currently reviewing our roadmap for OC/OCIS and evaluating our options including migrating to Nextcloud.

Thanks in advance,

Hi,

thanks for looking into oCIS, I am sure you will be amazed.

Yes, oCIS can of course be installed bare metal, in a very easy way. Please refer to our documentation here: Introduction to Infinite Scale :: ownCloud Documentation
and in particular here, that gives you a full example of a bare metal installation:
Small-Scale Deployment with systemd :: ownCloud Documentation

oCIS also can be branded, see Theming | ownCloud for details.

While it is in general a good advise to fly over the available documentation, you could also contact us to get professional support for all the topics you raised.

Best regards,
Klaas

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the response, this is very helpful.
I will be testing this on VM, next to the to my live OC.

Just one other question come to mind, the apps that are available in OC will they be compatible to oCIS?

and is there an =y migration path or is a matter of just resyncing the files with oCIS?

Thanks in advance.
George

Hi George,

the current oC10 apps are not compatible with oCIS, as they rely on the PHP libraries that came with oC10. We are working on a system that will allow to create apps again for oCIS, you’re asked to stay tuned with that until that makes progress.

What are your most important apps?

About migration: So far, we only have the migration path via resyncing, which has turned out to be already useful for many. But obviously also there there will come more over time.

regards,
Klaas

1 Like