OpenSUSE Leap 15.5 repo

OpenSUSE Leap 15.5 is the current version as of this week. Will a repository be available soon?

Those of us who use ${releasever} in our repo baseurl will encounter errors if we attempt to upgrade with our ownCloud repo enabled.

Should be included in the 4.1 release this week :+1:

Sadly no solution for 4.1 release. Fix planned for 5.0. Hopefully early pre-release builds available in the next few weeks.

2 Likes

You can also use the downstream package from the openSUSE package KDE:Extra. The package is maintained (ie. also updated) there for openSUSE.

2 Likes

Thank you for mentioning it. I have switched to the client package KDE:Extra repo on past occasions when the current Leap repo has not yet been available. I prefer using the ownCloud build and like to avoid switching back and forth when possible.

openSUSE 15.5 will not be included in the upcoming 4.1 release due to technical issues. It will likely be added in 5.0, though, because we are going to completely revamp the way we build .deb and .rpm archives.

1 Like

Please use the AppImage on OpenSUSE Leap 15.5 for now. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

I appreciate the forthright transparency even if the message is extremely disappointing. Comtainerized applications are not to my liking. AppImages are horrible to keep updated and just as terrible with system integration. I don’t know what the time frame is for the 5.0 release, but it looks like I will have to switch to the KDE Extra builds since AppImage is not suitable for use on my systems.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.