Orphan files after failt upload

Hi there,
After trying to upload a file which is to big to upload ( 5 GB ) there are a lot of “orphan” files in the upload map of the user.
Al these files are 10MB.
How can I delete these files automaticly.

TIA

Hey,

i think it could help if e.g. the used ownCloud version is provided because i think orphan files could be also originating from issues in older ownCloud versions. For example the changelog entry of 10.13.0 contains:

Bugfix - Cleanup storage and database after failed files uploads: #40892

Storage and database is cleaned up of any remaining items in case a files upload fails.

fix: remove just uploaded files in case of error - also for storages … by DeepDiver1975 · Pull Request #40892 · owncloud/core · GitHub

Thanks for the fast response.
I am using 10.12 indeed so I will try to upgrade to the latest version of 10.13.

I will let you know the outcome.

Thanks again

Musicscore
A Owncloud newbee

1 Like

After update to 10.13.3 (latest version) TOTP (two factor autorisation) is not working anymore.
Also, the foto’s stored on the server cannot be shown.

please advise

Hey,

i think for this issue a new thread is required:

I think it is not related to the orphan files issue and i’m not sure if other users which could give support for upgrade relevant issues (i don’t have any knowledge to give such) will have a look in a topic having “orphan files” in the title. :frowning:

If a new thread is created i think more information like e.g. the steps done for the upgrade, more infos what is not working anymore, if 10.13.3 is really the installed version because this version doesn’t exist yet could be provided.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.