Own cloud deleted all yesterday's work on MS Word

myOwnCloud destroyed yesterday's work on MS Word.
Is there a way to recover that ?

MS Word is the mostly used professional software.
Why is myOwnCloud incompatible with MS Word ?
Actually it's worst than incompatible (just no interaction), it's agressive (it supresses the files !!).

Steps to reproduce
1. Open an existing file with word 2016
2. Spend a day editing the file, saving my work many times under the same file.
3. Save my work
4. Shut down my computer
5. Start my computer the next morning
6. Last day of work has disappeared. Word does not propose recovery of anything : it automatic saves is only 2 days ago only, like if I had not touched this file for the whole day. And there is not "synchronisation error" file created by myOwnCloud, like it happened before on a similar misbehavior from the client.

Expected behaviour
Find my file today, with the latest update I have done.
OR AT LEAST
Benefit from the automatic save/recovery from Word, as this feature works well on word.
OR
Find a "sync error" saved file from mycloud, that saved my previous file before replacing it with the old version (which happened already in the past)
Actual behaviour
The file did not take into account yesterday edits. I could not find a way to recover my edits. Word did not even propose a recovery, as it does when sometimes there are strange behavior, it's like my owncloud cancelled word ability to do recovery.
Destroyed many hours of work.

Client configuration
Client version: 2.2.4
Client operating system: 7

Server configuration
myCore CNRS

ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log)

Please paste possible errors in the following code block, see https://central.owncloud.org/t/how-to-find-webserver-or-oc-logfile-enable-php-logfile/808 for more info

There are a few possible way to recover your stuff, but I have a few questions first:

• Was this a shared folder? Could somebody else have deleted it?
  • Did you try to open your local trashbin and see if its there?
  • Are your local files hidden?
  • Did you try to use Recuva to recover your files on your local system?
  • Did you look into your ownClouds trashbin?`
  • Have you tried to use scalpel to recover your files on your ownCloud-server (I assume you have root access to it)?
  • Any other "suspiscious" software on your client?

This sounds bad. As @victorbw can you give a bit more details, I suppose you saved your work in a synced folder. Does your service have the versioning activated? Normally this allows you for a file to go back to previous versions (as you saved it several times yesterday. The activity app, is it activated? Can you see any activities that could explain why you don't have the current version of your document? Have you modified other files yesterday, are they also lost?

To get more details about your problem, it could be helpful that you contact your administrator. If it synced your document properly yesterday, there must be a reason the old version was recovered today. Perhaps your admin also has a backup he run at night??