ownCloud 2.16 for Android released

Hello everyone!

Yesterday we released 2.16 version for Android App that includes some great visual changes to keep improving our app UI. We hope you like those new changes!

Native Android ShareSheet

Previously, when we wanted to share a file or a link with other apps, a custom Share Sheet was displayed. Now, we have replaced it with the native one. So we keep increasing app consistency within the Android world. Sharing your links or files with your family, friends or clients is now easier than ever!

Option to log HTTP requests and responses

We have included a way to log every HTTP request, so logs will be more useful from now on since we will see headers and body of every network call. Just as a reminder, if you want to enable logs, you can check this troubleshooting guide.

New background images

As you can see, we have updated a little bit some colors to add more consistency with the oC trademark. Also, we have updated the background images, removing the old satellite in the drawer, and also in the login screen. Do you like them?

Sort menu in files view

We have moved the sort menu, from the three-dot menu to a more visual place in the file list. After clicking sort type (Name in this case), a new bottom modal is displayed where we can select which sort we want to apply.

Apart from that, we can switch between grid view and list view by clicking on the icon we can see on the right, below the three-dot menu.

Bugs fixing

Additionally, we have included some fixes reported by the app users, so thank you for reporting them:

• Fix a crash while accessing a WebDAV folder
  • Fix some crashes when rotating the device
  • Fix a glitch where images were not refreshed properly
  • Fix some issues when using OCIS

Read the whole Changelog in here.

How can I download the new ownCloud Android app?

play.google.com

How can I send my feedback to ownCloud developers?

We really appreciate your feedback to improve the ownCloud Android app so if you find any bug or want to make any suggestion, please participate in one of these channels:

– Open a new issue on Github: https://github.com/owncloud/android/issues/

– Open a new topic on central: https://central.owncloud.org/

– Write to android-app@owncloud.com

6 Likes