Hello everybody, v2.17 of the ownCloud Android App was released yesterday!
We have included some changes in the toolbar. When you are in the top-level hierarchy, you will see a different toolbar with an avatar embedded.
If you click this avatar, you will be moved to the account management screen. That way, you can switch between your accounts in an easier way.
On the left, we can see the previous behavior (v2.16), and on the right the new one (v2.17)
In addition, some changes were done in the uploads view. Now you will see a button to clear the whole category (for example, to clear every successful upload). For failed uploads category, you will additionally have the option to retry every failed upload using the retry button.
From now on, we won’t only show thumbnails for images, but also for every supported file type. For example, you can now see thumbnails for text files instead of the text icon. Check images on the top.
Last year we applied several changes to authentication flow. And in this release, we have fixed some problems that were detected. For example, when you log in using OAuth2 and then, this authentication method is disabled.
Additionally, we have included some fixes that were reported by our users. So, thanks for reporting them:
- Crash fix related to the photos view.
- We have fixed a problem when you share several files with the ownCloud App, leading them not to be fully uploaded.
- Fixed random jumps to the top of the list when sharing with ownCloud.
- Fixed 301 redirections.
Read the whole Changelog in here.
We really appreciate your feedback to improve the ownCloud Android app so if you find any bug or want to make any suggestion, please participate in one of these channels:
– Open a new issue on Github: https://github.com/owncloud/android/issues/
– Open a new topic on central: https://central.owncloud.org/
– Write to firstname.lastname@example.org