ownCloud version: 9.1.6

Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install:
originally from image, upgraded today to 9.1.6

Where did you install ownCloud from:
Owncloud premade image

Signing status (ownCloud 9.0 and above):

Login as admin user into your ownCloud and access 
http://example.com/index.php/settings/integrity/failed 
paste the results into https://gist.github.com/ and puth the link here.

result: No errors have been found.

The content of config/config.php:

<?php $CONFIG = array ( 'updatechecker' => false, 'instanceid' => 'oc6p7d7e0t1e', 'trusted_domains' => array ( 0 => 'localhost', 1 => 'vvv.co.uk', ), 'passwordsalt' => 'vvv', 'secret' => 'vvv', 'datadirectory' => '/var/www/owncloud/data', 'overwrite.cli.url' => 'http://localhost/owncloud', 'dbtype' => 'mysql', 'version' => '9.1.6.2', 'dbname' => 'oc', 'dbhost' => '127.0.0.1', 'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_', 'dbuser' => 'oc_admin', 'dbpassword' => 'vvv', 'logtimezone' => 'UTC', 'installed' => true, 'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu', 'mail_smtpmode' => 'smtp', 'mail_smtpauthtype' => 'LOGIN', 'mail_from_address' => 'email', 'mail_domain' => 'vvv.co.uk', 'mail_smtphost' => 'smtp.office365.com', 'mail_smtpport' => '587', 'ldapIgnoreNamingRules' => false, 'loglevel' => 2, 'enable_certificate_management' => true, 'maintenance' => false, 'mail_smtpsecure' => 'tls', 'mail_smtpauth' => 1, 'mail_smtpname' => 'vvv@email.co.uk', 'mail_smtppassword' => 'vvv', 'logfile' => 'owncloud.log', **List of activated apps:** ``` If you have access to your command line run e.g.: sudo -u www-data php occ app:list from within your ownCloud installation folder. ``` **Are you using external storage, if yes which one:** local/smb/sftp/... no **Are you using encryption:** no **Are you using an external user-backend, if yes which one:** LDAP Things I tried to fix it: We had a power cut, the server is a VM, it went into a saved state, as all others did, upon restore of power, the server is now slow. Other windows VMs are fine in speed. Rebooted server upgraded to latest available owncloud version (9.1.5 -> 9.1.6) increased processor and RAM Server still slow Thanks, Tim

Hi,
Have you had a look in (h)top, in order to figure out what might be the problem?
Perhaps the load is high with some process hogging all the CPU. Perhaps there isn’t enough RAM and your server is swapping. Perhaps the network is saturated, …

I would very strongly recommend to set up a new 18.04 server, install PHP from PPA, so you can get PHP5.x Migrate your installation over and then upgrade your ownCloud to 10.2.1 (or wait another few weeks for the 10.3. release).

Just a few weeks back there was another case in the forum here where the hostname of the server was changed, but the new hostname wasn’t properly configured in the /etc/hosts file, making all DNS queries super slow. If for example, you also have the any command with sudo being very slow, I would recommend to look into this.

2 Likes

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
Top results:

I increased the CPU count, and added some more RAM, and move the storage to something faster, and it is still just as slow, and even before this, and before the power cut, the server was perfectly fine.

I’d rather not install the latest version.

in the hosts all there is is:
127.0.0.1 localhost owncloud

I’m not very Linuxy, but could you explain: If for example, you also have the any command with sudo being very slow, I would recommend to look into this.

Thanks,

Tim

Compare your hostname to your hosts file configuration like so:

root@ubuntu1804:~# hostname -f
ubuntu1804
root@ubuntu1804:~# cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1       localhost
127.0.1.1       ubuntu1804
[...]

This is how it looks like after a clean install in my Ubuntu VM.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, here are the results:

hostname -f localhost cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 localhost owncloud

The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts

::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

Seems to look ok to me, though we don’t use IPv6, i presume these aren’t a problem.

Thanks

Tim

That was just a first guess, unfortunately unlucky.
You could have a look if there is a lot of processes in your MySQL database, or if the tables need a repair after the power cut.
Otherwise, like I said earlier, ownCloud 9.1.6 is a very outdated version, just like Ubuntu 12.04 which hasn’t received public maintenance updates for more than 2 years, so it is really strongly recommended to upgrade.

1 Like