ownCloud 9.1 Installation - internal server error (missing table?)

Hey there,

today I noticed that my server was running on ownCloud 7, since I failed to install from the official repositories and it instead installed from the hosting provider's repository. Since I didn't have that much data in it, I just wanted to skip the upgrade and do a full reinstall instead. So I purged ownCloud and MySQL via apt-get and ran apt-get autoremove --purge afterwards. I installed MySQL again and set up the root user. I then installed ownCloud 9.1 from the official repositories, following the documentation here. Afterwards I opened the setup page, entered my new ownCloud admin user data and the login details for the MySQL root user and the name for the ownCloud database the installer should create, as described
in the Installation Wizard.

I then get the message for an internal server error. owncloud log file in \var\www\owncloud\data\ has the entry listed at the bottom.

It reads as if it expects the table whose name I specified to be already there, although the installation wizard claims that it'll be created during the installation process.

Additionally it seems that the admin user gets created even if the installation wizard fails - the installer claims that the user name is already taken. Since it's not possible to login at this stage, you have to create a new admin every time you try the installation. I'll go and see if there's an issue on GitHub or create one.

Server configuration
Operating system: Debian 8 x64
Web server: Apache
Database: MySQL
PHP version: 5.6.30
ownCloud version (see ownCloud admin page): 9.1
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: Fresh Install
Special configuration (external storage, external authentication, reverse proxy, server-side-encryption): no

ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log)

> {"reqId":"u+5tD3F1DDTuQpAq2JFW","remoteAddr":"84.172.38.230","app":"index","message":"Exception: {\"Exception\":\"Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Exception\\\\TableNotFoundException\",\"Message\":\"An exception occurred while executing 'SELECT `id`, `uid`, `login_name`, `password`, `name`, `type`, `token`, `last_activity`, `last_check` FROM `oc_authtoken` WHERE `token` = ?' with params [\\\"b6560416a52b90214fd657392de481c2e5b88dc8e27d750c268efa1c6d0af1f0627d45fe131b5b5566b1cf75d7a2aa362ecedccb27b086ede974bdd324f75b1c\\\"]:\\n\\nSQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'ocdb.oc_authtoken' doesn't exist\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/3rdparty\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/DBALException.php(116): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\AbstractMySQLDriver->convertException('An exception oc...', Object(Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\PDOException))\\n#1 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/3rdparty\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/Connection.php(836): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\DBALException::driverExceptionDuringQuery(Object(Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\PDOMySql\\\\Driver), Object(Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\PDOException), 'SELECT `id`, `u...', Array)\\n#2 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/DB\\\/Connection.php(188): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Connection->executeQuery('SELECT`id`,`u...', Array, Array, NULL)\\n#3 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/3rdparty\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/Query\\\/QueryBuilder.php(206): OC\\\\DB\\\\Connection->executeQuery('SELECT `id`, `u...', Array, Array)\\n#4 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/DB\\\/QueryBuilder\\\/QueryBuilder.php(141): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Query\\\\QueryBuilder->execute()\\n#5 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Authentication\\\/Token\\\/DefaultTokenMapper.php(77): OC\\\\DB\\\\QueryBuilder\\\\QueryBuilder->execute()\\n#6 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Authentication\\\/Token\\\/DefaultTokenProvider.php(147): OC\\\\Authentication\\\\Token\\\\DefaultTokenMapper->getToken(*** sensitive parameters replaced ***)\\n#7 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/User\\\/Session.php(616): OC\\\\Authentication\\\\Token\\\\DefaultTokenProvider->getToken(*** sensitive parameters replaced ***)\\n#8 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/User\\\/Session.php(284): OC\\\\User\\\\Session->validateToken(*** sensitive parameters replaced ***)\\n#9 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Setup.php(375): OC\\\\User\\\\Session->login(*** sensitive parameters replaced ***)\\n#10 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/core\\\/Controller\\\/SetupController.php(64): OC\\\\Setup->install(Array)\\n#11 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/base.php(829): OC\\\\Core\\\\Controller\\\\SetupController->run(Array)\\n#12 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/index.php(54): OC::handleRequest()\\n#13 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/3rdparty\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/Driver\\\/AbstractMySQLDriver.php\",\"Line\":53}","level":3,"time":"2017-03-29T21:04:53+00:00","method":"POST","url":"\/owncloud\/index.php","user":"--"}

Integrity status for oC9+

Not possible, can't login yet.

Ref: