ownCloud Android 2.8.0 beta app released

Hi everyone,

today we are glad to announce 2.8.0 beta, a new beta version of the ownCloud Android app.

Which features of 2.8.0 beta can I test?

Our old side menu bar made our app look like not finished, so we have decided to redesign it and include several brandable images such as the background in the top header and a new one below two new options, Feedback and Help.

Besides, a new user quota option has been added at the bottom of the side menu, letting us know how much space (used and available) we do have. Test it and give us your feedback!

With previous versions of the app, we were able to sort the list of files alphabetically, by size and creation date but make this sort descending was not possible till now. Have a look at our new sort submenu with descending option and test it!

Several users complained about the similarities between the download and available offline icons. Give us your feedback about the new download and available offline icons and the new pins for downloaded, sync and available offline files and folders.

Anything else to test?

A couple of versions ago, Instant uploads was replaced with new Camera uploads feature and we have received useful feedback since then but it’s not enough so we encourage all those users which are having problems with this feature to participate and send us information.

In this case, the app logs can help us a lot to detect possible bad behaviour, so this is what you have to do to send us a log file via apps@owncloud.com.

How can I join the beta program?

If you want to join the new beta program in PlayStore, you will need to have the last app version installed. If you already have the last version installed, go to ownCloud app in PlayStore and scroll down to the end of the view; there you will see a new tab like the one below, just press the I’M IN button to join and your final app will be replaced with the beta one.

2.8.0 beta will be available in F-Droid soon.

How can I send my feedback to ownCloud developers?

If you find a bug or want to make any suggestion, please participate in one of these channels:

– Open a new issue on Github: https://github.com/owncloud/android/issues/

– Open a new topic on central: https://central.owncloud.org/

– Write to apps@owncloud.com

Just play around with it!

4 Likes