Owncloud app continually crashes (like Mav in June)

Error registering StorageProvider for D:\Cloud Access is denied

9f8b0046-6746-453d-8933-c9c4249c3f48

Help please. This has been going on for too long.

Expected behaviour

Tell us what should happen - it should not crash

Actual behaviour

Tell us what happens instead - crashes after a minute or two

Steps to reproduce

1. Run ownCloud

Server configuration

Operating system: Windows 10

Web server: Linux

Database:

PHP version:

ownCloud version:

Storage backend (external storage):

Client configuration

Client version:

Operating system:

OS language:

Qt version used by client package (Linux only, see also Settings dialog):

Client package (From ownCloud or distro) (Linux only):

Installation path of client:

Logs

Please use Gist (https://gist.github.com/) or a similar code paster for longer
logs.

Template for output < 10 lines

1. Client logfile: Output of owncloud --logwindow or owncloud --logfile log.txt
    (On Windows using cmd.exe, you might need to first cd into the ownCloud directory)
    (See also http://doc.owncloud.org/desktop/2.2/troubleshooting.html#client-logfile )

2. Web server error log:

3. Server logfile: ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log):

What client version? Please make sure you use the new 2.9 release

Hi.
I am using the latest version 2.9. After it didn’t work I uninstalled it and installed the previous version. That failed as well although it had been working fine beforehand. Reinstalling the 2.9 and the problem continues.
Regards,
Phil.

This is the latest bug report after turning off all antivirus and firewalls and changing all file permissions in D:\Cloud to writeable by all.

1f60b2ce-dbff-49ad-b7d8-0d8eb12de007

Is this a proper NTFS filesystem?

Please make sure all checkboxes in the properties of the sync folder are active for the current user:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-15 um 13.37.06

Is this a proper NTFS filesystem?

Yes

Please make sure all checkboxes in the properties of the sync folder are active for the current user:

They are.

I have been using ownCloud for many years and this problem has only ocurred recently. The only things that have changed is both Windows 10 and the ownCloud client have been updated. I have tried an earlier version of the client and that failed so it’s looking like Windows may be the culprit. If so, I can’t be the only one with this problem and was hoping someone might me able to help me.

I have what seems to be an identical issue with one difference. If I restart the computer it works. If I close and open the client again, it will no longer start up and reports the same issue as reported here.
clipboard://2e29f12f-4640-476f-b6c0-9b27a6ac55ee

1 Like

exactly the same here, permissions are assigned. client works after startup, but not if exited afterwards.
4b351f35-3171-4365-ace6-dfa48cc3b6c1

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.