ownCloud App for iOS

Feature Requests ownCloud:
(I miss a Category called iOS or iOS12)
(I miss some tags like: app, ownCloud App, iPhone, iPad, iOS)

Dear ownCloud Team,

I am really happy with the owCloud App for iOS.
Bute there are some feature Requests for me, which would improve in my opinion the App a lot.

Regarding the Upload Function of Photos and Videos:
First of all, I love this Feature.

What I would request as Features:

1. I would like to be able to choose the target Folder for the Uploads.
  2. I would like to be able to do these Uploads only when I am using the Wi-Fi,
    as the Cellular Data Package (in the Countries I live and travel: Egypt-Germany), don’t offer
    unlimited Cellular Data usage and it is expensive to buy more Data.

Hint: I use an iPhoneXR with the latest iOS Version (12.1.4) and ownClud App in the Latest Version (3.8.1).

Finally I am ready to donate cash to get these Features soon.

Thanks a lot,
Islam Adel

PS: I already sent this content per mail, but I would like to keep it in the Forum

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback!

To be honest, I’m not happy with the owCloud App for iOS. So I’m glad we decided to write a new one from scratch:
https://owncloud.org/news/working-brand-new-ios-app-sdk/

This means, those improvements won’t make it in the old one.

The new one is available for public TestFlight beta testing. (check linked blog post). It already supports all the file operations, also in the iOS Files app, but some essential features are still missing.

Selecting a target folder and upload WiFi-only is on the roadmap. I hope we can implement it right away when the team is working on the upload feature. But other features like Sharing need to be implemented first.

You can track the progress of your requested features in the public GitHub.com repo:

If you want to help, please test and provide feedback. Let us know what you think. You can also help to improve translations. Here you can find more information:
https://github.com/owncloud/ios-app/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

2 Likes