ownCloud build request for openSUSE Leap 15.4

openSUSE Leap 15.4 released on 2022-06-08. I check third-party repository availability prior to system upgrades. The version of ownCloud client included in the official openSUSE Leap 15.4 repo is lower than the version in the official ownCloud openSUSE Leap 15.3 repo and ownCloud does not yet have a repo for openSUSE Leap 15.4.

It is preferable to use a variable to support version numbers in repo config files to minimize manual edits and I use this practice in my current ownCloud repo config file. Once the version changes from 15.3 to 15.4 this will break the repo without manual intervention to hold the repo back at 15.3.

Is an official ownCloud build repo planned for openSUSE Leap 15.4?

If yes, is there an ETA?

I am maintaining a package for openSUSE downstream in the OBS (and for Tumbleweed). You always find the latest versions of the client in the KDE:Extra repo of OBS, as that is the devel project for TW.

Maybe that is an option for you? As you might know, version updates in released versions of Leap are difficult.

1 Like

Fantastic! I already have that repo active, so that makes it a simple vendor change. I’ll do that before I upgrade.

Thanks so much for the response.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.