Owncloud CalDAV stopped synching with Thunderbird/Outlook (via CalDavSync)

help

#1

I use OwnCloud 8.2.1 installed on a shared hosting (I have no access to command lines of the server). Its using PHP 5.4. It's been working well for nearly a year. The last time I did an upgrade it totally messed up my calendar and had to start from scratch. This is the only app I use OwnCloud and has been good to me for quite sometime. Then a few days I ago I noticed that my Thunderbird or Outlook calendars were not synching. When I checked the logs I get this:

**

  1. Exception: {"Message":"End of document reached prematurely","Exception":"Sabre\VObject\EofException","Code":0,"Trace":"#0 \/home\/cbakw\/publichtml\/owncloud\/3rdparty\/sabre\/vobject\/lib\/Parser\/MimeDir.php(168): Sabre\VObject\Parser\MimeDir->readLine()\n#1 \/home\/cbakw\/public_html\/owncloud\/3rdparty\/sabre\/vobject\/lib\/Parser\/MimeDir.php(137): Sabre\VObject\Parser\MimeDir->parseLine('BEGIN:VEVENT')\n#2 \/home\/cbakw\/public_html\/owncloud\/3rdparty\/sabre\/vobject\/lib\/Parser\/MimeDir.php(63): Sabre\VObject\Parser\MimeDir->parseDocument()\n#3 \/home\/cbakw\/public_html\/owncloud\/3rdparty\/sabre\/vobject\/lib\/Reader.php(44): Sabre\VObject\Parser\MimeDir->parse('BEGIN:VCALENDAR...', 0)\n#4 \/home\/cbakw\/public_html\/owncloud\/apps\/calendar\/lib\/sabre\/backend.php(379): Sabre\VObject\Reader::read('BEGIN:VCALENDAR...')\n#5 \/home\/cbakw\/public_html\/owncloud\/3rdparty\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/CalDAV\/Calendar.php(163): OCA\Calendar\Sabre\Backend->getCalendarObject('1', 'D4185EB0-AEF5-4...')\n#6 \/home\/cbakw\/public_html\/owncloud\/3rdparty\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAV\/Tree.php(105): Sabre\CalDAV\Calendar->childExists('D4185EB0-AEF5-4...')\n#7 \/home\/cbakw\/public_html\/owncloud\/3rdparty\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAVACL\/Plugin.php(758): Sabre\DAV\Tree->nodeExists('calendars\/admin...')\n#8 [internal function]: Sabre\DAVACL\Plugin->beforeMethod(Object(Sabre\HTTP\Request), Object(Sabre\HTTP\Response))\n#9 \/home\/cbakw\/public_html\/owncloud\/3rdparty\/sabre\/event\/lib\/EventEmitterTrait.php(105): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#10 \/home\/cbakw\/public_html\/owncloud\/3rdparty\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAV\/Server.php(456): Sabre\Event\EventEmitter->emit('beforeMethod', Array)\n#11 \/home\/cbakw\/public_html\/owncloud\/3rdparty\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAV\/Server.php(254): Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod(Object(Sabre\HTTP\Request), Object(Sabre\HTTP\Response))\n#12 \/home\/cbakw\/public_html\/owncloud\/apps\/calendar\/appinfo\/remote.php(60): Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()\n#13 \/home\/cbakw\/public_html\/owncloud\/remote.php(137): require_once('\/home\/cbakw\/pub...')\n#14 {main}","File":"\/home\/cbakw\/public_html\/owncloud\/3rdparty\/sabre\/vobject\/lib\/Parser\/MimeDir.php","Line":250}_

**

After googling and reading on here, it may be a calendar entry that's corrupt. But without any command line access, I can run some of the commands I have seen here that can help me find the corrupt entry. I have also tried to export said calendar to try and create a new calendar then import the file. However I can't export it either. I'm running out of options before I go down the road of starting from scratch.

Any help is much appreciated.


#2

One thing you might try is to validate the ICS you exported. There are several validators available, such as this one.


#3

Unfortunately I am not able to successfully export the Calendar file. I get this error when trying to export

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at http://***.com/owncloud/index.php/apps/calendar/export.php?calid=1 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE


#4

You need to somehow get access to your database to fix that broken calendar entry:


#5

I've seen this link before. But the other day i figured out how to get to my SQL DB, dare I say it GUI interface on my CPANEL. I then entered a Search under my owncloud DB to search the enddate field. Using the string END:VCALENDAR% it was able to find 290+ entries that were bad. After deleting them viola, all good. May have to teach my wife how to properly enter calendar entries to prevent this :slight_smile: Thank you OWNCLOUD community and specially to kljhlkhglklfgh who pointed it out to me again :slight_smile:


#6

Hi,

in this case its not your wifes fault. This often is caused by software clients, which are pushing invalid entries (even if the one creating the event has done it correctly) to ownCloud.