Owncloud client updating without a user being logged in

This is not a bug. Maybe it’s a feature request.

But, I’m trying to get some network video recorders to update to the server without the need for a logged in user. I’m using Windows 10 Pro machines as servers. I have 100 or more of them. I have backups of their configurations happening as a scheduled task, and I’m trying to keep the backup directory updated to the server without having to log in.

What is currently the best method for doing this?

I’ve seen posts in the distant past that referred to running the client as a service, but the link to that post is broken. Also using the client command line app as a scheduled task. Is there any way to get the command line to update the accounts already created in the client gui? That would make updating via a script and scheduled task very easy to do. I wouldn’t have to write 100 custom scripts with usernames and passwords in them.

I was hoping that a solution would have been arrived at for this situation by now.

Expected behaviour

It would be best if the client were to update the server for file changes even if no user is logged in.

Actual behaviour

A user must be logged on for the client to work.

Steps to reproduce

1. Log off and change some files over the network.

Server configuration

Operating system: Windows 7 & 10

Web server: Apache2

Database: MariaDB

PHP version: 7.3.19-1

ownCloud version: 10.5.0

Storage backend (external storage): Internal storage only

Client configuration

Client version: 2.7.1

Operating system: Windows 10 Pro

OS language: English

Qt version used by client package (Linux only, see also Settings dialog): N/A

Client package (From ownCloud or distro) (Linux only): N/A

Installation path of client: default

Logs

Please use Gist (https://gist.github.com/) or a similar code paster for longer
logs.

Template for output < 10 lines

1. Client logfile: Output of owncloud --logwindow or owncloud --logfile log.txt
    (On Windows using cmd.exe, you might need to first cd into the ownCloud directory)
    (See also http://doc.owncloud.org/desktop/2.2/troubleshooting.html#client-logfile )

2. Web server error log:

3. Server logfile: ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log):