Owncloud data directory

Hello Expert!
I am new ubuntu user.
I have install ubuntu server 17.04 in my 500GB HDD and the folowing partition scheme

60 GB for Root/
28 GB for /boot
400 GB for /home
12 GB for /swap but swap partition did not correctly cause i made the filesystem ext4 for swap. Is there any way to change the swap file system ext4 to swap?
after that i have installed the ubuntu server 17.04 .
Actually i made this server for cloud storage thats why i have installed lamp server, owncloud .
now everything configured correctly. but my question is where will be stored my owncloud user data?
i want user data will be store on 400 GB /home partition. i dont know by default where is store owncloud data.
how to check owncloud data directory & how to select the partition 400 GB /home for owncloud user data store?

please help me

In the config.php (usually in /var/www/owncloud/config/config.php) the data directory is configured:

'datadirectory' => '/path/to/your/data',

There you can see where the data is actually stored, and you can copy them to a location of your choice.
The following link may help you if you have detailed questions: https://doc.owncloud.org/server/10.0/admin_manual/maintenance/manually-moving-data-folders.html

Hi,

I just moved my data directory using the manual way described in the documentation. I amended the path in the config.php and in the database oc_storages. In the WebGUI all files are shown, but trying to access a file I receive "service unavailable". I checked permissions. Everthing seems to be fine, as I used rsync for moving directory. I just moved the directory a few levels higher, out of the web server root. In the owncloud-database I found the oc_accounts, which still show the old path. Do I have to amend this, too, or can I update this with any occ command? Because it's not described in the documentation. When I just move back the data directory to the old location without correcting the config-php and oc_storages files can be accessed again. Any idea?

My System:
Owncloud 10.0.2.1
Own Server with OpenSuse Leap 42.1
PHP 5.6
Server version: Apache/2.4.16 (Linux/SUSE)

Thanks and kind regards,

Joshua

Hi Joshua/anyone,

I’m having the same or similar problem, having moved the data directory to a second physical disk in my Ubuntu, I can now see all the files throught the owncloud web interface, but I can’t open them. I can add new files, but they are still stored under the old structure /var/www/html/owncloud/user/files/xxx instead of the new datadirectory I’ve set up in config.php
Have you resolved this issue? It’s been 3 days now that I’ve tried to solve this. Thanks for any tip you can give me.