Owncloud-files (not in 10.6) vs owncloud-complete-files (.htaccess error on dpkg)

HI,
on Debian Buster i am running owncloud-files 10.5.0-1+2.1.
Now i want to upgrade to 10.6

I first allowed dpkg to change the release tags but then i noticed there is no owncloud-files in 10.6 only a package called owncloud-complete-files_10.5.0-2+4.1_all.deb

So my first question would be what happend to owncloud-files?
the second question would be how to handle this .htaccess issue? (i guess its marked as a conf-file within owncloud-files)

root@bl-oc-test:~# apt install owncloud-complete-files
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
Suggested packages:
owncloud-deps
The following NEW packages will be installed:
owncloud-complete-files
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/25.8 MB of archives.
After this operation, 180 MB of additional disk space will be used.
(Reading database … 88776 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack …/owncloud-complete-files_10.5.0-2+4.1_all.deb …
Unpacking owncloud-complete-files (10.5.0-2+4.1) …
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/owncloud-complete-files_10.5.0-2+4.1_all.deb (–unpack):
trying to overwrite ‘/var/www/owncloud/.htaccess’, which is also in package owncloud-files 10.5.0-1+2.1
dpkg-deb: error: paste subprocess was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/owncloud-complete-files_10.5.0-2+4.1_all.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
root@bl-oc-test:~#

i am using this repo http://download.owncloud.org/download/repositories/production/Debian_10/

1 Like

Hi,
I had the same problem here. My observations:
Question 1: the owncloud-complete-files package has just some more apps bundled than the owncloud-files package.
Question 2: I uninstalled the owncloud-files package and installed the owncloud-complete-files package. However, there are some files that you have to copy fist to another folder and copy them back into the owncloud folder. Best would be to create a copy the whole owncloud folder before upgrading. After upgrading you can copy your config,php file into the new owncloud/config/ folder. There are few changes from 10.5. to 10.6 so you should be able to run 10.6 with the 10.5 configuration file. A diff on the two config-sample.php files shows you the differences. If you changed the .htaccess file in the main folder, you should also copy this one back (use diff on the original .htaccess files to see changes). Custom apps and themes the same.
Good luck, Pascal

2 Likes

Hi @pascala thank you very much for sharing your experience. Seems like thats the only choice i have, so i will try this in a test-system switching from owncloud-files to owncloud-complete-files. In this case i will first migrate within 10.5 and after owncloud-complete-files is the new base, i will to the upgrade to 10.6

thios worked fine for me:

apt-get remove owncloud-files
apt-get install owncloud-complete-files
apt-get --allow-releaseinfo-change update
apt-get dist-upgrade
su - www-data
/var/www/owncloud/occ upgrade

3 Likes

Hi @iceroot, cool that you were able to upgrade so easily. I moved the installation from the default folder and did some other customization, so it was a little more complex here. :slight_smile:
But I still think that this was a badly (or not at all) communicated change and even would deserve a bug report. :slight_smile:
Best, Pascal

2 Likes

@iceroot and @pascala, just dropping by to say thanks. I was stumbling across the same problem, and this thread probably saved some hours of searching. Thanks.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.