OwnCloud install on shared server not working with the web installer

I have tried to install OwnCloud using the web installer on my shared GIP hosting with Superb.net. I have made sure that I am running PHP 5.6 before I started. I uploaded the setup-owncloud.php file to my root and also the a subdirectory called 'cloud'. I get the message that all dependencies are met but when I try to install it will not.

I have searched for possible reasons and fixes but can't find anything. Only a thread on github that I don't understand.

I have tried to look for how to do a manual install on a shared server and upload the files myself, but the manual and instructions documentation is not exactly easy to follow. I have some php and mysql experience, but even for me it isn't very clear.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kirsty

From both install locations the setup file will not install and I received the following errors :

Warning: scandir(tmp-owncloud1479972576/owncloud): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/1/s/sh/shb3_150/islaidiomas.com/public_html/cloud/setup-owncloud.php on line 158

Warning: scandir(): (errno 2): No such file or directory in /home/1/s/sh/shb3_150/islaidiomas.com/public_html/cloud/setup-owncloud.php on line 158

Warning: array_diff(): Argument #1 is not an array in /home/1/s/sh/shb3_150/islaidiomas.com/public_html/cloud/setup-owncloud.php on line 158

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/1/s/sh/shb3_150/islaidiomas.com/public_html/cloud/setup-owncloud.php on line 158

Warning: rmdir(tmp-owncloud1479972576/owncloud): No such file or directory in /home/1/s/sh/shb3_150/islaidiomas.com/public_html/cloud/setup-owncloud.php on line 161

Error

ownCloud is NOT installed
download of ownCloud source file failed.
SSL: certificate subject name '.owncloud.com' does not match target host name 'download.owncloud.org'SSL: certificate subject name '.owncloud.com' does not match target host name 'download.owncloud.org'

Closing as a duplicate of https://central.owncloud.org/t/help-with-web-installer/4025 where you can find suggestions how to install ownCloud.